stolen chooks

• 41 Replies

goodegg

stolen chooks
« on: April 29, 2010, 16:44 »
all of my breeding stock have been stolen about 27 birds in all its taken 1.5 years its taken to get my stock together ready for breeding and there all gone this happened a week ago but i havent felt like coming on here to say its such a shock i felt really sick of it all i nearly gave up on the chooks but i guess i will just have to try and get some hatching eggs and start again it cost so much money to get eggs in the first place some of them costing 30 quid for 6 eggs when i was working it was alright but  i cant aford that now i will just have to get what i can to start with

nicky d

• Experienced Member
  • super shane
Re: stolen chooks
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2010, 16:55 »
hiya goodegg, :( im so sorry to hear about your birds being stolen, it just awful for you, did you inform the police    nickyx
4 girlies,  Nessa, Pamela, Stacey and Tina

themagicaltoad1

« Reply #2 on: April 29, 2010, 17:00 »
What an awful thing to hapen, somehow it seems even worse as you're in such a small and lovely place as Guernsey.

Flowerpower136

« Reply #3 on: April 29, 2010, 17:16 »
My heart goes out to you.  That's like losing family.  Hope the police have some chance of cathcing the ***********s.  Just don't think of things like that happening on Guernsy.
So sorry. :(

poppies

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2010, 22:04 »
Hi this is awful, we have hatched all we need this year so if you want any hatching eggs - free of course and you dont mind paying the postage you are quite welcome, we only breed bantams.

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2010, 22:50 »
Goodegg, i have loads of fertile eggs, depending on what breed you want, more than happy to put some in the post to you.
Dont count ya chickens till they hatch!!!!!

unaspenser

• Pond-Hopper
    • Russet Lodge Knits
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 23:53 »
Oh Goodegg, I'm sorry to hear about your chickens!  Any hope of catching the thief?
American, married to a Scot... we can't decide which side of the Atlantic we like best.

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #7 on: April 30, 2010, 08:05 »
What has the world come to ..... now your chickens are not even safe.

Sorry to hear the sad news goodegg (((hugs)))

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #8 on: April 30, 2010, 08:36 »
I have fertile araucana eggs (so far with my hatchings they have been 100% fertile) if you want although I am not sure if legally we can send them to the Channel Islands without a licence  :(.
Staffies are softer than you think.

goodegg

« Reply #9 on: April 30, 2010, 16:41 »
thank you all very much for your kind offers joyfull i would be very grateful for some of your eggs i will gladly pay the postage we do need a licence for live chickens but not for eggs i have bought eggs off of ebay before  my mate is going to give me some light sussex eggs and a cockrel so that will be a start its absolutely devastating . poppies thank you for your offer but i really want big  chooks thank you  . nails what sort have you got .

goodegg

« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2010, 16:54 »
at the moment i am making my coop thief proof i hope so when i get new chooks they will be locked up and safe i hope i thought they were safe before on such a small island i dont think the police got any chance of finding them or the inclanation they are far to busy to bother with chooks i have more chance of finding them myself i would recognize a lot of them because i bred them all from eggs and there is a lot that anyone over here hasnt got there all rare breed chooks and some new varieties that ive bred.which i am unable to replace.

Nails

• Experienced Member
    • www.justgiving.com/Donna-Moon
« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2010, 19:14 »
Hi Goodegg, i have light sussex, buff sussex,buff orpingtons, black orpingtons, Rhode Island reds, Speckled Sussex, Araucana's (Lavenders), all large fowl.

goodegg

« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2010, 19:25 »
hi nails what a lovelly selection you have got i wouldnt mind a selecrion from those i will pay the postage no probs and be very very pleased for any of them thank you in advance your all so kind.

Ma Lowe

• Allotment owner from Feb 2014
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2010, 19:29 »
How lovely it is to see that there are still some great people out there willing to help.

If I had any fertile eggs I too would send you some but we need a cockerel for that and we don't have one lol.

goodegg

« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2010, 19:35 »
it is great that there is so many lovelly people on here it makes things seem so good and thank you anyway ma.

sad
stolen chooks up date

Started by goodegg on Chicken Chat

15 Replies
Last post May 23, 2010, 10:05
by taximan
xx
it has happened again another bird stolen

Started by animal mad on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post September 11, 2010, 22:43
by GrannieAnnie
xx
BIRDS STOLEN FOR 3RD TIME !!

Started by JANEVANS02 on Chicken Chat

20 Replies
Last post September 29, 2010, 11:54
by joyfull
xx
Warning, birds are being stolen again.

Started by joyfull on Chicken Chat

5 Replies
Last post September 21, 2011, 18:57
by asd1

Page created in 0.168 seconds with 41 queries.