water pressure..on demand

• 7 Replies

paulsol

water pressure..on demand
« on: July 29, 2013, 08:41 »
Hi all....this is how we now have a  pressurised water  system on our allotment ...  any questions?

pVDVQA6IBdU

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: water pressure..on demand
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2013, 08:53 »
Thanks Paulsol for your very instructive video.  :)

This is probably the best board for it to appear in to be seen by those interested, so I shall remove the 2 duplicates you have posted elsewhere.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Wavertree Red

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2013, 18:53 »
Great setup Paulsol and excellent video.  What model is your pump?  What watt are your solar panels?  There's a 60psi model of the Seaflo I've been looking at, would you recommend that?  I'm just wondering about their reliability etc.

Thanks a lot.

I said a Keith Richards not a Cliff Richard..................

paulsol

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2013, 19:44 »
hi Red...the pump is a 17lpm 40psi 12v Seaflo(you pays yer money and takes yer chance..lol) on demand pump...but when pumping through 2 sprinklers and 4 sprinkler hoses the pressure drops and the sprinklers dont sprinkle....another domnside to this pump is that it is only rated intermittently and the thermal cutout trips after about 30 mins continuous full load pumping...but overall it does the job,,,i suppose if we were to purchase another pump it would be 25-30 lpm
the 3 solar panels are2w each and two 40-50ah batteries which also powers our Rule 220gph  automatic bilge pump in the rainwater drain...it rained heavily 2 nights ago and filled a 1000 litre IBC container!
i attempted to dig a borehole last year ...but thats another story..lol

Wavertree Red

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2013, 20:03 »
hi Red...the pump is a 17lpm 40psi 12v Seaflo(you pays yer money and takes yer chance..lol) on demand pump...but when pumping through 2 sprinklers and 4 sprinkler hoses the pressure drops and the sprinklers dont sprinkle....another domnside to this pump is that it is only rated intermittently and the thermal cutout trips after about 30 mins continuous full load pumping...but overall it does the job,,,i suppose if we were to purchase another pump it would be 25-30 lpm
the 3 solar panels are2w each and two 40-50ah batteries which also powers our Rule 220gph  automatic bilge pump in the rainwater drain...it rained heavily 2 nights ago and filled a 1000 litre IBC container!
i attempted to dig a borehole last year ...but thats another story..lol

Sounds like a messy story  :tongue2:

I'm a total novice when it comes to electrics, so do you just leave the the batteries connected at all times?  How do you check for under/overcharging?  I want to run one hose or 2 sprinklers so sounds like its up to the task.  One more thing, where did you order it from as I can't find a UK supplier? Cheers.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2013, 20:04 by Wavertree Red »

paulsol

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2013, 20:50 »
hi Red...ebay 251309090662.....same spec as mine....
as for the solar chargers ,they are only 2w each..i leave them connected continuously between the 2 batteries...they dont overcharge...if you use the pump often then get a regulated 20-25w  solar charger....the pump uses about 7a....about 84 watts for 30 min...so 6w charge over 7hrs to recharge..roughly
overall the system works very well..the pump hits 40psi then cuts out...the hose is then available for instant use...great!!

Wavertree Red

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2013, 09:22 »
Thanks for the pointers Paul, appreciated.

Ste.

Amilo

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2013, 00:35 »
hi Red...ebay 251309090662.....same spec as mine....
as for the solar chargers ,they are only 2w each..i leave them connected continuously between the 2 batteries...they dont overcharge...if you use the pump often then get a regulated 20-25w  solar charger....the pump uses about 7a....about 84 watts for 30 min...so 6w charge over 7hrs to recharge..roughly
overall the system works very well..the pump hits 40psi then cuts out...the hose is then available for instant use...great!!

For your info... Solar panels will only give their full output when the panel is directly facing the sun, as a rough guide a panel that is laid flat give about 33% of its max, a panel that is tilted up to face the sun gives 66% and to get 100% you need to have the panel tilted and rotated to face the sun at all times couple with this your plastic sheets covering the panels would reduce the sunlight on the panel by a large %. I would estimate that your setup is giving you about 1 watt at max.  get a volt meter and check the voltage, if the voltage is under 11.8 (off charge) your battery is flat and in danger.

xx
Pressure treated wood

Started by billycasper on Design and Construction

20 Replies
Last post October 21, 2007, 15:54
by Trillium
xx
How do you measure exerted pressure?

Started by dangolding on Design and Construction

5 Replies
Last post August 11, 2008, 11:17
by dangolding
xx
Well water

Started by Balaton Ben on Design and Construction

19 Replies
Last post July 30, 2007, 21:25
by Balaton Ben
xx
Collecting water

Started by mrswashi on Design and Construction

11 Replies
Last post May 19, 2013, 23:44
by mrswashi

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 29 queries.