Pressure cooker or slow cooker

• 20 Replies

snowdrops

Re: Pressure cooker or slow cooker
« Reply #15 on: February 08, 2022, 21:32 »
Salixer, I believe there’s a ninja dual pot so not sure if that can pressure cook & slow cook at the same time?

No, if I understand your post correctly @snowdrops , "dual pot" means it can do more than one thing BUT NOT at the same time.

Not according to this, but not pressure cook & slow cook from a quick look
https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-max-dual-zone-air-fryer-af400uk-zidAF400UK?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI99u41Ybx9QIVXurtCh2V-QYHEAQYASABEgKRHfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

salixer

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2022, 22:03 »
Salixer, I believe there’s a ninja dual pot so not sure if that can pressure cook & slow cook at the same time?

No, if I understand your post correctly @snowdrops , "dual pot" means it can do more than one thing BUT NOT at the same time.

Not according to this, but not pressure cook & slow cook from a quick look
https://ninjakitchen.co.uk/product/ninja-foodi-max-dual-zone-air-fryer-af400uk-zidAF400UK?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI99u41Ybx9QIVXurtCh2V-QYHEAQYASABEgKRHfD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Link took me to an air-frier which is not the same as a pressure cooker/slow cooker.  Some top-end pressure/slow cooker options have an optional air-frier lid (expensive and I cannot comment on effectiveness), BUT they are different to things called "air-friers" - the latter do not do pressure cooking and are essentially designed to fry stuff (as one might expect !).

NB:  What ever option of new-fangled "convenient" cooking equipment one might be tempted by, bear in mind ease of cleaning (or not) !!!!
« Last Edit: February 09, 2022, 21:03 by salixer »

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #17 on: February 09, 2022, 07:51 »
I like my slow cooker and use it a lot. I have a pressure cooker as well, but don’t use it much. It is fast and tenderises stuff well enough, but lots of things benefit from gentle simmering to allow flavours to develop and mingle over time.

The pressure cooker is good for cooking ingredients that would otherwise take ages, like pulses, but the slow cooker wins out for me most of the time  :)

salixer

« Reply #18 on: February 13, 2022, 17:20 »
There is a hand-me-down slow cooker also in my house:  have never used it actually.  I will trust in devotees' love of their slow-cookers and maybe give slow cooking a whirl (!!) one day either in that slow cooker or using the p/cooker in slow-cooker mode !

One passing thought re modern electric pressure cookers:  seemingly they do not reach quite the same high pressure that a hob-type p/cooker can.  Whether that puts them out of the running for making preserves I wouldn't know.

Um, a 2nd passing thought: I find there there are even pressure cookers 'pots' for use in a microwave !!  I believe they are relatively expensive (for what they are), but I'd be interested to hear about experience if any member has ever used one.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2022, 17:14 by salixer »

GraciesGran

« Reply #19 on: March 02, 2022, 06:37 »
The results are in.  Cheap slow cooker purchased it was reduced to peanuts because the box was broken!   Acquired a pressure cooker from a friend who bought one and used it once.  Both have their uses.

Lardman

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2022, 08:52 »
Acquired a pressure cooker from a friend who bought one and used it once. 
That's about as many times as I've used mine. Speed was really the the only benefit and the concept always had me a little concerned.  I think a lot will depend on what type of cooking you do or want to do, I have adjusted to make use of a slow cooker.

xx
new look pressure cooker

Started by chrissie B on Kitchen Natter

13 Replies
Last post July 04, 2015, 23:00
by Annen
sad
Slow cooker pot glaze

Started by Lardman on Kitchen Natter

4 Replies
Last post April 16, 2016, 21:53
by Kleftiwallah
xx
Sear and cook slow cooker

Started by Springlands on Kitchen Natter

47 Replies
Last post January 14, 2016, 14:02
by Aled
xx
Prolex slow cooker any good?

Started by Madame Cholet on Kitchen Natter

20 Replies
Last post June 18, 2014, 21:24
by chrissie B

Page created in 0.186 seconds with 41 queries.