plant Halos

• 5 Replies

rowlandwells

plant Halos
« on: March 28, 2020, 08:51 »
the wife recently bought some plant halos and i just wondered if anyone out there had also bought plant halos  and if so how you got on with them any info much appreciated

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: plant Halos
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2020, 09:18 »
I reckon they work well if you are growing in growbags, as they add much needed extra depth of 'soil'  and the water goes where it's needed around the bottom roots, and the stem stays drier until you add liquid feed to the inner ring.
I'm not sure they make much/if any difference if you are growing in the greenhouse border soil, where roots can grow where they want to for water and nutrients.

rowlandwells

« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2020, 16:07 »
i think the wife is going to grow our toms  in grow bags so I'm going to pass this info on many thanks MUM

Auntiemogs

« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2020, 17:47 »
I use them when I put my cucumbers/climbing squash out, as it gives them a bit of extra protection from slugs and snails.   :)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

Ema

« Reply #4 on: April 23, 2020, 15:23 »
I was given some a few years back and just found them to be the ugliest thing in the garden so stopped using them. That said I only used them on toms and perhaps a squash plant would hide the bright plastic better.

jezza

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 18:04 »
Hello we have used them  for years to grow tomatoes we just cut the bottoms off some buckets that cost 50p each   jezza

Page created in 0.159 seconds with 40 queries.