Time to say goodbye

• 23 Replies

Sparkyrog

Re: Time to say goodbye
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2013, 21:48 »
I had these and loved them dearly ,one night they were hit by a car The big boy Ginge was killed outright that while hard I could cope with ! The little one called whinge crawled home a week later in an awful mess .Vet's fee's went into 4 figures but we all do it .I hope you are feeling a little better  :)
I cook therefore I grow

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #16 on: September 21, 2013, 10:18 »
so sorry, having been in that situation many times I know exactly how you feel. However you chose the kindest thing for your pet. Your cat though will remain in your heart and in your memories for ever more - never far away xx
Staffies are softer than you think.

grendel

« Reply #17 on: September 21, 2013, 13:17 »
I have just returned home from the same trip with our 14 year old cat Bunny, we had the same just over 2 weeks ago with her daughter Eve, so are now down to 6 cats, Eve had a heart problem, Bunny was old and getting thin and after Eve went seemed to just give up the ghost. RIP Eve and Bunny.
So when I say I know what you are going through, its because I do. You will see your friends at the rainbow bridge. I know its hard now, but it does get better.
In the past we have taken in a very sick cat, taken it to the vets, and unfortunately he didnt make it, we had Elmo less than 24 hours and he racked up a nearly £300 bill, but at least when he went he had a name and was loved.
Grendel
ps Bunny has always sat on my lap since we got her, if I was sitting down she would be there, on the trip to the vets she made a huge effort and climbed out of the basket onto my lap where she settled for the drive to the vet, considering her condition, this must have been a sheer effort of willpower as she had not shown that strength for a few days now.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2013, 13:24 by grendel »
we do the impossible daily, miracles take a little longer.

grendel

« Reply #18 on: September 21, 2013, 15:45 »
here are Bunny and Eve (the tortoishells), along with Ingrid the sandy coloured one (maybe Bunnys mum) and one  of our boys.
Grendel
IMG_2669 (Small).JPG

snowdrops

« Reply #19 on: September 21, 2013, 18:37 »
Oh Grendel hugs to you as well,never a good time when they have to go,but you made the right decision as hard as it is.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Sparkyrog

« Reply #20 on: September 21, 2013, 20:32 »
Finally found picture as you can see he can't walk properly but I like to think he had a happy life .
PATIO (2) (800x600).jpg

Auntiemogs

« Reply #21 on: September 22, 2013, 01:07 »
More (((hugs))) for Grendel and Sparky here.   :(

Isn't it amazing how much these little furry beings mean to us?  They can be so aloof at times and yet so loving when we need them most.  I've rarely spent a day without a pusskin in my life and hope that will continue.  :)
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

spottymint

• Experienced Member
« Reply #22 on: September 22, 2013, 10:34 »
Sorry for your loss, it's hard I know, but you did the best by your kitty. 
Hugs. x

devonbarmygardener

• I live, therefore I garden!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2013, 20:07 »
I'm on the brink of tears already!
I have 4 furry moggy friends - 2 10year olds and 2 mini-mogs born on our allotment on May 4th this year and boy do they have a feral streak!

Would have been easy to give up on the kittens with all the stress they caused the big cats initially, but while the kittens are quiet and not too bouncy, all 4 now sleep together.
Dreading ill-health problems with the big cats as they are getting on a little.

We also have an ancient chinchilla who refuses to give up the ghost! Ben and I have been together for 17 years today which makes Charlie, the chinchilla at least 18 1/2 if not 19 years old! We got him aged about 2yrs!

My absolute sympathies and hugs with any of you who have had to make such awful, if necessary decisions.

clip
Goodbye Niblet

Started by John on Pets without Feathers

10 Replies
Last post June 15, 2023, 17:21
by Subversive_plot
xx
Goodbye Doogie

Started by Eblana on Pets without Feathers

16 Replies
Last post March 18, 2013, 19:03
by Eblana
xx
Goodbye Tess

Started by Kate and her Ducks on Pets without Feathers

18 Replies
Last post August 12, 2009, 21:04
by WR1
xx
Spider Time.

Started by NormandyMary on Pets without Feathers

11 Replies
Last post October 07, 2010, 16:12
by Flowerpower136

Page created in 0.127 seconds with 39 queries.