Argos

• 6 Replies

jezza

Argos
« on: October 04, 2022, 22:40 »
Hello does any one know how to get refunds from Argos,I got my mum a Samsung TabA8 on Friday I took it into hospital  for her to try it out she is loosing her sight so cannot see the buttons on a phone so got the tablet ,planned to put whatsapp on it so it wad easy to call ,my mum couldnt see the icons so I took it back Sunday morning wont refund money ad the security tag had been broken ,I asked how the helk wad I supposed to try it with out opening the box,she as also been diagnosed with inoperable cancer so need to help her keep her in contact with family    jezza

lettice

Re: Argos
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2022, 09:06 »
Kind of understand your frustration, with a family member in hospital.

But, on the Argos website, its policy is clearly laid out on returns.
All sounds reasonable to me.
You cannot just replace it if having tried it and it does not fit your needs. With Argos obviously not seeing/trying the goods has always been a known problem to consider.
It is so easy these days to go on YouTube and see a review of any tech or that matter visit a Currys or John Lewis and have a play before purchase. Something I will always do with tech to get a full lowdown.
Mind, you may not have been able to fully to do that with your family member eyesight concerns.

If you've changed your mind and need to return an item, you have 30 days from the date of purchase or date of receipt if delivered, to return your item(s).
Your item(s) needs to be:
Unused and with all original components
In its original packaging (with the tags if applicable)
In a resaleable condition
With its proof of purchase
With any free items that came with the product
Refunds will be processed by the original payment method. If you paid by card, it can take up to 5 working days to appear back in your account; with PayPal, refunds can take up to 30 days.

https://www.argos.co.uk/help/returns-and-refunds/

Argos are usually quite good in their stores, so maybe try another store or I have always found their Live chat team to be very good, maybe worth a try and see if they can offer a more sympathetic tone.
https://www.argos.co.uk/help/contact-us/

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2022, 10:26 »
Cant help with your Argos problem but can heartily recommend John Lewis.  When we needed a tablet for mother in law the young lad who served us was brilliant, he concentrated totally on mother in law and what she needed. 

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2022, 10:42 »
Sorry to hear about your mum Jezza.  The live chat option might well be best.  You usually get someone more customer services focussed and willing to go the extra mile.

How about activating voice response on the tablet so your mum doesn't have to mess about with buttons?  There is a short video here about how to do it on the tablet you have bought.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRXJcOMB_zg

jezza

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2022, 11:05 »
Hello I sent an email to  argos chief executive got a response the same as their terms and conditions I had the same problem with a van dealer last year trying to get a refund ,looks like it's going to be trading standards and court action to recover both refunds    jezza

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2022, 18:22 »
Can you 'bigger' the icons, Jezza? Can't help there, but maybe there's a way!

As said by chums here, try the Chat; you have a good case for a return, as £160.00 is not to be sniffed at! I've found Argos are pretty fair on returns, but may need a nudge occasionally...

Ebay show several at nearly this price, so you could sell it on, but there again, I don't know the specification you have on your Mum's.

Tell her we're on the case - it might make her feel better anyway! We hope so!

snowdrops

« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2022, 22:40 »
Sorry to hear about your Mum Jezza, hard times for you all. From what you and others have said here it does sound as if you’re in a catch 22 situation, how could you know it was suitable if you were unable to try it, you couldn’t try it without opening it. But I think other people find the one they can use in other shops where they offer you the chance to handle it first and then probably buy the same elsewhere cheaper. It sounds like Argos were pretty clear about their terms sadly.
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 36 queries.