what to do!!

• 4 Replies

pawsnclaws

• Experienced Member
    • my web site
what to do!!
« on: January 24, 2010, 09:20 »
i have not been to the allotment for a WHILE oops over winter am going today where do i start suppose just get the fork out and get digging lol might get some black plastic to cover half and just concentrate on half for couple of weeks get the front bit looking good ready for planting in spring

Y.E.A.H

• I love growing unusual vegetables!
Re: what to do!!
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 12:03 »
the best thing to do now is to clear the weeds. i think the soil is a bit wet to dig but the weather might be different were you are  :) making raised beds is also a good thing to do at this time of year  ;)

pawsnclaws

• Experienced Member
    • my web site
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 12:24 »
it is very wet here at the moment although today it is dry ish well for now any way do i have to do wood raised beds i am not very diy ish lol

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2010, 15:11 »
You can just make lazybeds.....these are raised beds but without the wood around them :)
Quite a bit of digging to do but it does leave well drained areas to plant in. :)

randombod

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 16:40 »
get your hands on some pallets and cut them in half cross ways and there you have 2 halfs.....which joined together and makes 1/2 a raised bed all you need is a huge hammer and long nails lol

Page created in 0.343 seconds with 35 queries.