Hello from Leicester!

• 6 Replies

healthykids

Hello from Leicester!
« on: August 12, 2015, 08:10 »
Hi,

We acquired an allotment in May. I turned 40 and suddenly found an interest in gardening ;). We have two young children, who we try to feed healthily. It is so expensive to buy all organic produce, so I decided to take on the allotment project to cut shopping costs, get a bit fitter, and generally escape from my 4 walls at home (from where I also work).

I am planning on a five year project to become about 80% self sufficient wrt fruit and vegetables. I don't know whether that is realistic, but I'm going to give it a go, with help from you guys, hopefully! :D

Looking forward to reading all your hints, tips and experiences!

Fairy Plotmother

Re: Hello from Leicester!
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2015, 08:23 »
Welcome and very good luck with your project.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2015, 18:05 »
Welcome to the site  :D

If you pop your general location into your forum profile, we'll remember whereabouts you are - often relevant when chatting about growing stuff  :)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

snowdrops

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2015, 21:25 »
Hello there excellent reasons for getting an allotment, hope your dreams become reality, with some hard graft I'm sure they will
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

surbie100

• Winner Prettiest Pumpkin - 2014
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2015, 17:41 »
Hello and welcome from me too.

I got the growing bug about the same time - it is really addictive. The next thing is saving (hoarding!) seeds...

You can grow an awful lot of stuff on the allotment, but it also has to go somewhere. Have you thought how you are going to store or preserve all your produce?  (Buying another freezer?  ;))

Look forward to seeing the pictures of your plot and hearing more about what you are growing.

Happy Seed

« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2019, 00:38 »
Hi,
I know this is an old thread but how are you doing with this project? I live in Leicester too...

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2019, 05:45 »
Hi,
I know this is an old thread but how are you doing with this project? I live in Leicester too...

Unfortunately, I don't think you'll get reply. This is the member's only post and they have not visited the forum for over 4 years.
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

smiley
Hello From Leicester!

Started by Happy Seed on Welcome to the Forums

5 Replies
Last post January 02, 2020, 16:28
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.187 seconds with 38 queries.