I want to grow and sell. Any suggestions?

• 21 Replies

AndyRVTR

Re: I want to grow and sell. Any suggestions?
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 16:16 »
Just give up asking Andy, you know you wanna   :lol: ::)
  :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

gobs

« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 16:56 »
If I'm not too late to ask on this thread.  Can you sell surplus produce for charity?

Yes. Not that many will take it you might find, even for free. For food producers' legal regulations.
"Words... I know exactly what words I'm wanting to say, but somehow or other they is always getting squiff-squiddled around." R Dahl

gobs

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2012, 16:58 »
No, by law, you cannot grow for private sale or profit. You can sell for income for the site. And improvement thereof.
Sooooooo, theoretically.... if said person sold vegetables for say £150, and then same said person bought a newish greenhouse for £50, thereby improving the site.... would that then be acceptable, theoretically of course  :D :lol:

that would be a common gh for the site. ::)

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2012, 16:58 »
Susie's talking about selling the produce and giving the money to charity, gobs, not giving them the produce!  :lol:
Did it really tell you to do THAT on the packet?

DD.

• Global Moderator
  • Location: Loughborough. a/k/a Digger Dave. Prettiest Pumpkin prizewinner 2011
  • Pea God & Founder Member of The NFGG
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2012, 17:00 »
I take my excess to church coffee mornings and any donations people care to make, go to their funds without touching my pocket. I never put an asking price on it.

gobs

« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2012, 10:24 »
Susie's talking about selling the produce and giving the money to charity, gobs, not giving them the produce!  :lol:

Oops, sorry. Touchpreading. :lol:

Yes. :D

Selling some shall be OK, generally. Clearly, what it is about, they do not want allotments operating as greengrocers or small holdings. As the text goes is "mainly" for family consumption.

gobs

« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2012, 10:41 »
And a side note on the matter:

Around here site managements are working with the Council to set up a central database of waiting lists, etc.

Now while the purpose is to realistically monitor supply and demand of allotments, people with the several plots all over the place - if any - might also get noticed.

Generally, with so many genuine applicants waiting for a plot in vain for years, a lot of people seem to be quite angered with those taking the mike. The law is generous and relaxed. Nobody is interested what you do with some surplus. There is no need overstretching it.

Page created in 0.194 seconds with 38 queries.