How to and what do you use to clean a large polytunnel

• 2 Replies

nettiegardener

Hi, I'm Nettie,
Myself and my husband has been kindly given a small plot of land to create a veg garden and also part use of a polytunnel.  This is a great opportunity.  Before living in Devon we lived in Yorkshire and had a veg plot and our own polytunnel.  This polytunnel was alot smaller, which we also bought and put up our selves.  I enjoy gardening and has helped alot with my stress especially with working on the front line as a health care worker.
We are at the moment digging over the soil and removing mint that had been left to rampage.  The polytunnel needs cleaning desperately.  Would like advice please on how to and what to use as a cleaning agent.  I have been thinking of citrox.  It needs to be nature friendly.  What do you think?

grinling

Re: How to and what do you use to clean a large polytunnel
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2021, 13:08 »
I clean outside and inside poly with warm soapy water and a soft broom, I was amazed at how see through it was. It came with the house.

coldandwindy

• Experienced Member
Re: How to and what do you use to clean a large polytunnel
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2021, 11:20 »
Hi, I'm Nettie,
Myself and my husband has been kindly given a small plot of land to create a veg garden and also part use of a polytunnel.  This is a great opportunity.  Before living in Devon we lived in Yorkshire and had a veg plot and our own polytunnel.  This polytunnel was alot smaller, which we also bought and put up our selves.  I enjoy gardening and has helped alot with my stress especially with working on the front line as a health care worker.
We are at the moment digging over the soil and removing mint that had been left to rampage.  The polytunnel needs cleaning desperately.  Would like advice please on how to and what to use as a cleaning agent.  I have been thinking of citrox.  It needs to be nature friendly.  What do you think?
Hello and welcome!
We use Fairy liquid and a gizmo we got at a DIY shop that's meant to be for washing your car. Like a long  hollow wand with a very soft brush on the end. Water comes out through the brush (& right down to your armpit and soaks you all over!).
« Last Edit: March 14, 2021, 11:21 by coldandwindy »

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 42 queries.