Always Check Medicines

• 2 Replies

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
Always Check Medicines
« on: December 24, 2022, 10:29 »
Our little Pixie cat has failing kidneys. There's no treatment as such, just helping her. One problem is getting her to eat, especially renal foods. She also has a blood pressure pill daily and suffers with respiratory problems which causes her to lose some sense of smell. This doesn't encourage her to eat.
Anyway, the vet prescribed some antibiotics  to use the course if needed when she's got the snuffles. So last night she was snuffling and sneezing so I thought it was time to start the pills. Slight problem.. the prescribed pills were 500mg and she should be on 50mg. 500mg is a large dog dose.
If I'd tried to get one of the gobstoppers into her, it may well have been fatal with her impaired kidney function.
I'm a bit disappointed in our vet practice - they are very expensive but the only one in reasonable distance. Any one can make a mistake but you'd think they'd double check before handing out pills.
Luckily with the internet you can easily double check any medicine.
Check out our books - ideal presents

John and Val Harrison's Books

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Always Check Medicines
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2023, 17:45 »
 :ohmy: :mad:
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Growster...

Re: Always Check Medicines
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2023, 18:13 »
That's so sad John.

Our dear Ripley became ill with kidney issues when he was only three or four, and the food and tablets he had just went to waste every day!

Sorry to say, but it ain't going to get better, much as we doted on our beautiful little boy, as much as you do...

You're a very caring man - you did the same for another 'stray' cat the other year, which was amazing, so keep strong!

Page created in 0.191 seconds with 38 queries.