what's the damage

• 3 Replies

rowlandwells

what's the damage
« on: February 19, 2022, 15:06 »
that's what we used to say round here when where paying for something so its seems appropriate to ask the same about yesterdays torment of loosing ones belongings roofs greenhouse fences it all adds up to a cost of replacing and lets face it there is no replacing human life when its taken away by the inclement weather that we seen yesterday

so how did you all come out of yesterday's weather some have said fences have gone greenhouses damaged and we seen lorry overturned roofs coming of trees uprooted power cables down I suspect the phone lines to there insurers where every busy today or will be Monday

as for us round here I think we got away with wind damage quite lightly compared to some places in the country of cause we had some disruption caused by the weather but its something we can put right after a day or two its not the end of the world is it

I just think its so sad that someone sets out for a normal day at work and ends up with a tree landing on there car or van or some falling masonry hitting them  ending there life in one foul stroke and  someone then has to break the news to there families that there love ones are not coming home ever again  :(   

I'm just thankful we got away lightly but sorry for all those who have suffered from yesterday's storms

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: what's the damage
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2022, 15:37 »
It's sad that some people died, it always is no matter why they did :(
Nothing nasty like that around here, that I know of, just damage to a neighbour's car from falling branches, at the end of the terrace  :ohmy:

In my garden I get to decide whether it is worth repairing a 14 year-old plastic greenhouse, given the cost of the plastic to replace the broken bits  :ohmy: or will I just take it to the tip?  :unsure: I also have an 8x8 and a 6x6 glasshouse that have survived so far. Fingers crossed for the next few stormy days, though  ::)
The storm has also broken a couple of fancy terrracotta pots, (which were a gift) so will probably replace those but with plain (cheaper) versions, about £40 each for those.
All in all, not too bad considering the damage some people have to deal with...

AndyRVTR

« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2022, 16:43 »
Came through no problem at all.. everything intact and everyone safe!

cc

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2022, 11:05 »
Benefitted from storm.  Nothing damaged but lots of trees down. Most to big to get home in my bicycle trailer but plenty of decent branches to cut up. I am guessing I have 18 months firewood at the moment due to lack of space I will only be able to store 2 and half years worth....unless I use the spare bedroom!
Also my central heating is lpg (Bulk tank) there has been minimal movement in price. I tell the company that I use 2,000 litres a year, so I get decent price but I probably use 500 litres a year apart from this year when I have used considerably less.

xx
frost damage

Started by rowlandwells on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post February 21, 2021, 16:57
by rowlandwells
xx
greenhouse wind damage

Started by tublet on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post January 21, 2007, 22:01
by tublet

Page created in 0.133 seconds with 40 queries.