bluberries

• 3 Replies

chrissie B

bluberries
« on: September 02, 2013, 17:39 »
 :lol: hi all suggestions please for my blueberries , but befor the ideas come rolling in I have only 3 with 3 more to come ha ha   I have one plant , first year but thought I would get more .
chrissie b
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

Trillium

Re: bluberries
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2013, 18:26 »
Very sneaky, chrissie  :D I'd suggest you simply eat them this year. It will take another couple years before you get a good production from your bush...provided the birds don't beat you to it. I've had my cage up for 2 months now and the robins still land on it en mass trying to figure out how to get in.

Now that mine are cropping so well, I mostly freeze them and later I can turn them into whatever I need.

wighty

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2013, 20:10 »
I have two bushes in pots on the patio, I just eat them straight off the bush when I'm  passing.  Some days I eat 11 or 12 some days only 4 or 5. Have to beat my grandson to them though when he's here! (try not to pick fruit off a bush as I don't want him to try other 'fruit' looking things as he's only 3 and might not know the difference).

chrissie B

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2013, 19:11 »
I have picked another today and have frozen all 4 I will use for decoration , as a contrast I have a cultivated blackberry and im getting them by the ton I ave frozen them as well and passed some on too lady next door .
thanks ,chrssie b

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 38 queries.