DEFRA

• 8 Replies

Jomtie

• Experienced Member
DEFRA
« on: June 21, 2013, 20:25 »
I am very careful to ensure that I abide by the rules regarding feeding kitchen scraps to my girls, but someone needs to tell two of my girls that they are breaking the law when they sneak into the kitchen and eat the cat's food!! Chickens might be a bit thick but they are most definitely opportunistic!!!
Hens - Clara (Bluebell) & little newbies Martha (Black Sussex) & Dora (Speckled Maran)
RIP Margot, Geraldine, Hettie,  Ruby & Tilly :(
Cats - Herbie (LH black moggy) Louie (Seal Point Ragdoll) Jazzi (Dilute Torbie) Peggy (g&w stray)
RIP Ollie (Seal Point Ragdoll) :(

Springlands

Re: DEFRA
« Reply #1 on: June 21, 2013, 20:37 »
 :lol: :lol:

Mrs Bee

« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2013, 21:05 »
Chickens thick???

I don't think so. :lol: :lol:

bravemurphy

« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2013, 22:01 »
They are far from thick ours know where the wheat is kept and when the door opens if they are out they are in there like the blink of an eye.

landgirl28

« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2013, 22:27 »
I have the same 'problem' as you Jomtie! My blackrock has also figured out the cat flaps so there's no keeping her out when the gate is open now!!

Jomtie

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 20:10 »
What a clever girl landgirl28.  :lol:  :lol: Luckily we have a flap that only works with the cats' identichips otherwise we might have the same problem.

pepsi100

« Reply #6 on: September 29, 2013, 22:22 »
I got three hens who seem to think they have a rihght to wander into the kitchen when ever the back door is opened, they dont look for food, they just plonk themselves down on the floor and get very miffed when are moved out

When ever I go out in the garden and they are there, I sometimes forget to shut that back door and they are in :(

These are the 3 that were hatched from eggs, bought up in a box in the conservatory, then they joined the crowd, but they still think they have a right to come in :(

Nope hens arent thick ;)
It's all about the journey, not the destination

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2013, 05:10 »
In the UK my chooks were forever sneaking into the kitchen, which was OK till they pooped or shook straight after a dust bath. One day I forgot to shut the door when feeding the dogs....anxious moment!

So when we got our chooks here I said I didn't want them in the kitchen, they must stay in their pen (that doesn't stop them trying, they still hang about as near as they can get!) But I miss having them around my feet when I'm out and about, these ones are wilder and difficult to catch. All they want is what I may throw in from the kitchen, which I can do over here.

nerdle

• The Lone Free Ranger
« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2013, 12:52 »
The Kitchen?  That's nothing!  Mine come in once or twice a day - grooming session on a towel in the living room before hopping onto a perch in the window for further coiffure/chattering/dozing. Their access is via my desk so up, across the back of the monitor and up again via a small stool!

I then place one on each shoulder before picking up the last one and we either go to the garden bench or to their own bedroom if its late.

Parrot hens  :D
One grandma and 4 baby Pekins.

xx
Defra

Started by tosca100 on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post April 10, 2013, 10:03
by ANHBUC
xx
DEFRA???

Started by billathome65 on Chicken Chat

9 Replies
Last post April 09, 2011, 21:54
by joyfull
xx
how many chickens can you have before i need a defra register then

Started by krystal on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post April 08, 2011, 08:50
by krystal

Page created in 0.165 seconds with 38 queries.