Greed, curiosity or evil intent?

• 2 Replies

tosca100

• New start, new life in BG
Greed, curiosity or evil intent?
« on: October 06, 2013, 13:14 »
Chick group number one have had their run moved in with the adult group. The chicks are getting a lot of attention from the grown ups, especially Cagney, the hen who was boss before Sevi arrived. The ones showing the least interest are the two older Shumen hens who may have seen youngsters before. Trouble is, I can't decide whether they are after the chick food, the chicks or just being curious. The chicks will have their own run as soon as the youngest batch are fully feathered and we can leave the door open.

Cagney looking intent..

Sevi giving them the once over

Venus having a look

The chicks take no notice apart from giving a little yelp if someone manages to pull a tail!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
Re: Greed, curiosity or evil intent?
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2013, 13:59 »
Hhhhmmmmmmmm - wouldn't like to call it as to which one   :lol:  All of the above in part measure, I suspect  ;)  ::)  Its not called a pecking order for nothing  :lol:

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
Re: Greed, curiosity or evil intent?
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2013, 22:49 »
I agree with New Shoot, it could be either the food (the grass is always greener in another coop syndrome) or the chance to be higher in the pecking order than the newbies.   :lol: 
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

xx
Will our evil plan work?

Started by chuckmad on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post June 16, 2010, 09:42
by chuckmad
xx
Getting evil eyes from Alphie again

Started by New shoot on Chicken Chat

17 Replies
Last post March 26, 2015, 13:07
by New shoot

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 41 queries.