Black Magic's got me in it's spell !

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Black Magic's got me in it's spell !
« on: December 06, 2018, 16:51 »
I mean the chocolates.    Yesterday I bought myself a box, they are my favourites (especially the coffee flavour).    It is two layers deep.   I thought I am a mature woman now, I won't do what I always do and eat the whole lot until they're gone, I will save them for Christmas.     WRONG,  I ate the first layer yesterday evening, and the second layer this afternoon.   So that's it, I have sinned, they've all gone.   :lol: :lol: :lol: but they were lovely.    Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Goosegirl

Re: Black Magic's got me in it's spell !
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2018, 13:39 »
MB - your sin was buying them in the first place as you may well have turned away the well-dressed man who would go through hell and high water to make sure you got them. Personally, I prefer Lindor because they make a selection of chocolate balls.  ;)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

wapello

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2018, 18:00 »
  Having Diabetes i have not got the chocolate worry,,, ::) ::) ::)
Colin

Growster...

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2018, 20:02 »
Par for the course, Mrs B!

Mrs Growster has been into Twongos every week, and one of our lovely ladies who work there gives us the tip on the best buys around - including chocs!

We now have three great big boxes of various sweeties, and they're going down fast, which was always the plan in the first place I suppose...

;0)

(ps, I always went for the orange cream, my lovely sister had the coffee cream... And what on earth is Montelimar..:)?

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2018, 13:22 »
You would have to make me look that up wouldn't you!  :wacko:
Montélimar is widely regarded as the world capital of nougat which is one of the 13 desserts of Provence and highly appreciated throughout the country. Montelimar nougat is mentioned in the opening lines of the Beatles' "Savoy Truffle" from The White Album.
Personally I'll stick to my Lindor chocolate balls as they don't take your fillings out after the first bite. Dracula - take note of this when you next get the bill from your dentist!  :lol:

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2018, 06:22 »
Lindors chocolate is really good stuff, Goosey! And yes, for Montelimar, we have The White Album about two ft away from where I'm sitting at the moment! I put it on Itunes only last week! (Funnily enough, it gets some mixed reviews still, as there was no real trend to all the tracks. My favourite is 'Long, long, long').

But back on topic, here's a question - do you remember getting 'makeweights' in your boxes of chocs?

They were small pieces, obviously to get over underweight offerings, and were a treat at the end of a box...

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2018, 11:57 »
I've never heard of them probably as I'm not a great fan of chocolate except for Mars bars and the afore-mentioned Lindor, plus M&S did a choccie bar with soft choccie in the  middle which was also nice.

Growster...

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2018, 17:15 »
Mrs Growster is still in deep mourning about the demise of 'Aztec' bars!

She stares out of the lounge window for hours, hoping to spot a van with just a small box of them, perhaps discovered in a warehouse and looking for a home...

xx
Black Stones - Done it !!

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

0 Replies
Last post June 27, 2018, 11:57
by mrs bouquet
xx
Inundation of black flies.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post August 09, 2018, 12:41
by Goosegirl
xx
Two Luverly Black Eyes !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

11 Replies
Last post February 09, 2019, 08:37
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.136 seconds with 46 queries.