Crittall greenhouse, please help with instructions

• 29 Replies

kzinis

Re: Crittall greenhouse, please help with instructions
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2014, 22:35 »
Not sure what vent piece should look like or where it installs, side far end?

By vent do you mean louvres or the opening windows ? I have the louvres on the side at the top.  <see image> but It could go anywhere - although I found low down it caused some problems early in the season with cold and the plants.

Also, my door is missing it's rollers, any pictures/dimensions of these so I can improvise?

You're going to be a bit stuck without door wheels - It's the sort of thing you can get ' sort of ' right if it ever stops raining here  ::) I'll drop the door off take some measurements for you.

Are you in the UK Ken ? It would help if we post links to parts for you.

Lardman,
I'm in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania, USA! I'll source what I can on this side of the pond.
I found rollers today, at hardware store, designed for sliding glass door, they work perfect, bearing type too, nice quality, whew!
Thanks for the picture, very helpful. My house is ~6'3" x 8'4" (ft) at base, yours has more supports due to larger size I guess. My side walls are ~ 42" long
I'll need door glass too, it wasn't included plus a a few pieces that came broken are needed. Looks like yours has Al louvers for vent, nice, mine didn't have these, maybe is to be made of glass. I'll work that out.

Thanks so much for your help you're a great asset to me.

Edit just to clarify quotes and reply  :) New Shoot
« Last Edit: August 24, 2014, 07:50 by New shoot »

kzinis

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2014, 22:49 »
Not sure what vent piece should look like or where it installs, side far end?

By vent do you mean louvres or the opening windows ? I have the louvres on the side at the top.  <see image> but It could go anywhere - although I found low down it caused some problems early in the season with cold and the plants.

Also, my door is missing it's rollers, any pictures/dimensions of these so I can improvise?

You're going to be a bit stuck without door wheels - It's the sort of thing you can get ' sort of ' right if it ever stops raining here  ::) I'll drop the door off take some measurements for you.

Are you in the UK Ken ? It would help if we post links to parts for you.

Lardman,

Here's pictures of the remaining parts that I think make up vent frame for my unit. Looks like it could replace a glass pane on roof. I've assembled as best I can. Does this look correct, any thoughts?
Thanks,
Ken

Lardman

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2014, 10:48 »
Here's pictures of the remaining parts that I think make up vent frame for my unit. Looks like it could replace a glass pane on roof. I've assembled as best I can. Does this look correct, any thoughts?

The photo didn't make it this time Ken.

Thanks so much for your help you're a great asset to me.

It's not a problem - there's no need for anyone to sit there with pile of greenhouse bits, someone on here will have already been there and done that  :D I bought mine in Jan this year, took it all apart to transport and then realised there were no manuals or instructions available  >:(

http://chat.allotment-garden.org/index.php?topic=111679.0

Just don't ask me how to grow things in it  :lol:

kzinis

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2014, 15:18 »
Lardman,
Check out this auto vent device that came with greenhouse, old-school huh? Apears ancient, still in box, with instruction, never been installed.
Ken
smallautovent20140824_080220.jpeg

Lardman

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2014, 21:46 »
 :D Don't you just love stuff like that - built properly and built to last. I trust you will put it to good use.

flynnysenior

« Reply #20 on: October 27, 2014, 22:00 »
Hi everybody,
I have also bought a Crittall warmlife lean to greenhouse on Ebay and need to erect it.
I googled to find instructions for assembly but drew a blank with my search until I noticed that the Halls Silverline mark 2 series actually are very much identical to the Crittall ones.
I found this on thegreenhousepeople.co.uk website and you can download the updated instruction manual from this site by clicking on lean to greenhouse then choosing the Halls Silverline MK2 option and bingo you can go to technical information and the instructions await you to either view online or download and print off ! eureka ! I hope this helps as Crittalls will not they apparently say they have no archives containing the required instruction manual ? Good Luck guys Dave, Liverpool.

steal

Crittall greenhouse instructions
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2020, 12:13 »
Hi,

just bought second hand Crittall greenhouse, can anyone help with instructions please.

Forever indebted.

tks

Simon

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2020, 13:01 »
I'm no expert but the previous reply says the Halls Silverline mk 2 instructions work - so I suggest you search "halls silverline mk2 greenhouse assembly instructions" and download the pdf file you'll find.
Good luck!

igger21

« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2020, 22:45 »
This should help
* Crittall.pdf
(3707.33 kB ~ Downloads: 572)
* Crittall.pdf
(3707.33 kB ~ Downloads: 1907)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #24 on: May 25, 2020, 08:21 »
Thanks very much for those igger21 :)

igger21

« Reply #25 on: May 26, 2020, 08:59 »
Just remembered I found this, along with a load of other spares, when tidying out an outside shed the other week.
Not sure if it will be any help but it is was it is.
20200526_085527.jpg
20200526_085541.jpg

Ashashash

« Reply #26 on: June 04, 2020, 11:36 »
This should help

Many thanks for this: I was trying to figure out what make my greenhouse was and how to fit a door gasket / seal. Looking at the instructions I can’t really see what type of gasket I need and how to take the old one out and put the new one in? Any help appreciated! Also, has anyone found a gutter kit which fits the gutters on a Crittall greenhouse?
8250F2A8-30E6-4A45-8005-5038A202DD9B.jpg
7C2F32CA-3F69-4D92-8AD9-54DACD52A4CB.jpeg

igger21

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2020, 20:54 »
It's in Stage C, I think you would need to unscrew the door runner part and then the seal would slide off.

Do you know where to get a new seal? As mine has seen better days, not surprising on a 30+ year old greenhouse

jezza

« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2020, 20:11 »
Hello I've just googled Crittal greenhouses l got a company called greenhouse soares they have all spares and advice  jezza

twoscoops61

« Reply #29 on: September 03, 2021, 11:00 »
Hi,

Did you ever manage to find a replacement door seal for your Crittall greenhouse?? I am looking fir one too

Gary

xx
Crittall greenhouse

Started by Mother Natures Son on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post March 05, 2012, 17:25
by Axe
xx
crittall greenhouse

Started by piet87 on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post January 28, 2010, 12:51
by addedvalue1
clip
Crittall Greenhouse door seal

Started by igger21 on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post May 30, 2019, 19:50
by igger21
clip
Crittall greenhouse door seal and gutter waterbutt diversion kit

Started by Ashashash on Design and Construction

3 Replies
Last post June 04, 2020, 11:54
by Ashashash

Page created in 0.166 seconds with 55 queries.