Mountfield M1 Rotovators/Mowers/Cultivators etc

• 5 Replies

commerlad

« on: March 21, 2008, 17:30 »
Hi guys and gals, I am a new member to this site and was only looking on behalf of my parents as they are the gardeners. (My toys are a little bit bigger by about 12 ton). But in the past I bought them a Mountfeild M1 with Techumse engine and detachable engine cradle and belt drive system + a grass deck for same and other tools to go on rotovator to turn it into a furrower plough cultivator weed cutter etc. Did a little tinkering as am used to engines and sorted all probs with machine. They used it for several years until the engine died (put leg out of bed) or technically threw main (only) conrod so then I fitted a new 5Hp Briggs and Stratten engine ( 4 stroke unleaded) as the mounting holes shaft sizes are exactly the same. BUT as I have done all this I know my local truck spares shop can get belts, they are a standard industrial V belt sold by size and width ( I use A24's 13mm x 610mm) and this leaves the adjustment in the middle, Oil seals etc can also be obtained (have done so in past but can't remember size off hand) and the engines (more reliable and better for usefull work) can still be obtained far easier than trying to get bits for the older Techumse units. If you are struggling for belts just drop me a line.
Sometimes I think laterally but then I have to get up!

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2008, 22:30 »
and what  :shock:
always have a target
and an objective.

Cwmwlyrallt

Re: Mountfield M1 Rotovators/Mowers/Cultivators etc
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 20:40 »
Quote from: "commerlad"
BUT as I have done all this I know my local truck spares shop can get belts, they are a standard industrial V belt sold by size and width ( I use A24's 13mm x 610mm) and this leaves the adjustment in the middle, Oil seals etc can also be obtained (have done so in past but can't remember size off hand) and the engines (more reliable and better for usefull work) can still be obtained far easier than trying to get bits for the older Techumse units. If you are struggling for belts just drop me a line.

Hi, great to see your post as I've just decided to try to resuscitate my old Mountfield M1. I've used your advice to order new belts but now I need to get oil seals (have you remembered the size yet?), Clutch and accelerator cables and plug. Any further advice you can give would be appreciated by this 74 yr old pensioner!

commerlad

You asked
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2008, 11:40 »
Hi there Cwmwlyrallt

Check your pm inbox (on this site) for answer.

Percy

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2008, 23:12 »
I also have an Mountefield M1 with a Brggs and Stratton recently fitted 5hp Quantum engine fitted, to replace bearings and seals I went to a company that supplies industrial belts and seals and had no problem in getting replacements once they know what size you want so I suppose this can apply throughout the country by finding a similar business :)

smokeycockatiel

Re: You asked
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2022, 13:46 »
Hi there Cwmwlyrallt

Check your pm inbox (on this site) for answer.

I apologise for bringing an old post up but i have 2 m1's (70's) Both Ball Bearing units.

Does anyone have a link to a site that sells the seals i need ?

Thankyou in advance

James

xx
garden cultivators

Started by muntjac on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post August 14, 2007, 21:52
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
Battery mowers

Started by Agatha on Equipment Shed

10 Replies
Last post August 15, 2013, 13:58
by arugula
xx
Lawnflight Mowers - anyone?

Started by Maryann on Equipment Shed

3 Replies
Last post August 03, 2008, 16:04
by Gwiz
xx
Mulching mowers

Started by kinza on Equipment Shed

6 Replies
Last post April 14, 2013, 21:31
by superpete

Page created in 0.153 seconds with 38 queries.