(1/2) > >>

pepsi100:
I dont know if I should be posting this here

I am building a pond in my garden

I have the pond, but it has to be buried 50% in the ground

I am building it with a pump, filter and a waterfall

I want the waterfall to be surrounded by plants

But I dont know what kind to use

(I have found a picture on line that someone has used (and what there finish pond is like)

Any idea what flowers they are ?

New shoot:
They look like plants sold in the alpine section of the garden centre to me, with a couple of bits of summer bedding.  I’m assuming because the depth of the planter bit is fairly shallow and it suits small compact plants like that.

I think there is a campanula in there, a phlox, a dianthus and a small grass.  Most alpines flower in spring and early summer, so it looks like a couple of diascias have been included to extend the flowering season. 

pepsi100:
Thank you very much, really appreciated

pepsi100:
I have now found someone prepared to dig the hole for my pond

He asked me the size of the hole, I said 6 feet long, 4 feet wide and 2 feet deep

He said ‘Are you burying a body?’

I showed him the pond going into the hole

He used to be a grave digger, so it should be a fairly simple job for him

I’ve got several water butts to fill it, but not enough water, so it will be refilling them with tap water

(Then using a tip I know about for removing chlorine, Camden tablets, they work well in wine making)

Oh, well I have to build the surround, then get a filter, good thing I have a spare pond pump

Yorkie:
Sounds like a plan  :)

You might find that the chlorine from the tap water would dissipate naturally over a few days?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version