pics. of my goslings with adoptive mum

• 6 Replies

CMFAM

• Experienced Member
« on: June 23, 2008, 22:06 »
hi, here are the pictures of my goslings, with there adoptive mum, - her original 5 babies died over a short period a few weeks ago and we bought some eggs previous to this and incubated them - they have only just gone with the mother goose who has taken well to them and is very protective, the gosling still come running to me when i call them, then go back to there adoptive mum, so i have the best of both worlds, i get to have a cuddle then hand them back to mum :lol:  :lol:

clare :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Vember

« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 22:09 »
Clare

They're gorgeous :D

Aren't gosling hugs just the best  :lol:

CMFAM

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2008, 22:15 »
the one gosling we think is going to be a chinese goose and the other 2 look similar to the ones we have now - not a bad outcome for 60p an egg from the market:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

clare

Vember

« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2008, 22:18 »
Do you know what sex they are yet?

Little yellow one has that boyish look about him :)

Fantastic value for money   :lol:

CMFAM

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2008, 22:24 »
no i do not know what sex they are yet.  We have 2 adult girl gooses and 2 adult ganders, so whatever the sex of them we will keep them all as we wanted to introuce some new bloodline, it would be nice if one of them was a girl thou :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  If not they are great at keeping the grass short :lol:

clare

Vember

« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2008, 22:35 »
They defo do keep the grass short  :lol:

I've got 5 now Crumb 1year old, Paige & Bumps (boy) - 8 weeks old, Monty (girl) - 6 weeks old & Biscuit the canadian Goose who was abandonded as a day old -she's 5 weeks old !!!
 It never ceases to amaze me how well they all get on, think I've been very lucky :)

Never liked Geese till I got Crumb, now I'm obsessed  :lol:

CMFAM

• Experienced Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2008, 22:44 »
my eldest goose is called "daddy goose", we have had him for about 8 years and my son named him years ago and the name has just stuck, the other one is called mummy goose and the rest have no names :cry: , just refered to as the geese, the older daddy goose has survived fox's in the past years, when they have got the other geese, survived a horrible terrier we had years ago (which had to go, when he killed  2 of our geese), he can give other people a nasty peck when he wants to, but with me he like to snuggle up and have a cuddle as well, so i would never get rid of him, even thou some people say to get rid of him as he can be tempramental, he just knows who he likes - ME:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

clare :lol:

xx
goslings

Started by dawn37 on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post March 29, 2010, 10:02
by Lottieluv
xx
goslings

Started by slowef on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post May 02, 2007, 10:46
by Aunt Sally
xx
i got my goslings !!!

Started by R66VEY on The Hen House

21 Replies
Last post May 20, 2008, 16:33
by Vember
xx
Goslings

Started by CluckyChicken on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post June 05, 2011, 15:02
by Helenaj

Page created in 0.208 seconds with 32 queries.