Advice on bulbs needed please

• 2 Replies

robbodaveuk

• Experienced Member
Advice on bulbs needed please
« on: June 10, 2009, 13:25 »
Hyacinths and tulips......I have grown the bulbs in pots in the conservatory this year, but want them growing in the garden next year. When all the foliage has died back, can I plant them in the garden and if so, when do I plant them. If it is better to store them till next year, how do I store them.
Gladioli..........I have planted in the garden this year and they are growing well. Do I have to dig them up to overwinter and if so when do I dig and how do I store them.
I have no problems with veg, but these flower thingies are a lot more complicated :unsure:.

Robbo.
If at first you don't succeed, maybe failures your thing.
Don't take life so seriously, it isn't permanent.
Why do Blondes dye their roots black?

Debz

Re: Advice on bulbs needed please
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2009, 13:44 »
I plant the tulips and hyacinth in the garden straight away because then I don't have to remember where I put them stashed them.  It also means that the mice can't get them in the shed and I don't have to go outside when it is freezing or wet to plant them.  I am sure other people will store them and plant them later but as I usually forget, I find this easier.  Don't know what to do with Glads though.  Tried them a couple of times but they were rubbish so I never bothered to lift them at the end of the season.  For me they weren't worth the effort.

bradleyt

• Discount mortgages
Re: Advice on bulbs needed please
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2009, 15:04 »
I completely agree with all of the other replies. I would plant that straight away as well. They are sturdy plants so usually will bear what conditions my befall them.
For premium mortgages at discount prices we recommend http://mortgagerefinancingz.com/cheap/quotes

xx
Lawn advice needed please

Started by bedifferent on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post August 15, 2008, 22:22
by mrs bouquet
xx
vermiculite advice needed please

Started by Kathie on General Gardening

2 Replies
Last post April 10, 2013, 12:55
by Kathie
xx
Advice needed please about water

Started by benwalton on General Gardening

5 Replies
Last post September 09, 2014, 19:02
by Baldy
xx
clematis advice needed

Started by teena on General Gardening

3 Replies
Last post December 02, 2007, 20:38
by Trillium

Page created in 0.139 seconds with 34 queries.