Finally some light at the end of the tunel!

• 31 Replies

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Finally some light at the end of the tunel!
« on: August 19, 2020, 21:34 »
So... October last year I started with an itch, then in no time this itch was all over, GP at first thought scabies  :lol: (nutter) then during lockdown we looked at washing powders etc, over the last month or so this itch has got to a point where I am turning into a skeleton and so I ranted (nicely) at the GP and got an appointment after phone triage then video triage.
Bloods were taken amongst other things and the results came back with two abnormal bloods.
I have access to my records so when looking at the TS14 and TSH levels I suspected Under Active Thyroids, itchy skin being a sympton, my last bloods taken on Monday have once again showing the TS14 levels dropping and the TSH increasing, looks like this is the problem, I am booked in with the GP on Monday so hopefully meds will be prescribed (fingers crossed).
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
Re: Finally some light at the end of the tunel!
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2020, 21:43 »
Fingers crossed that they decide on a course of action that will sort this out, and that they get the levels of dosage right as soon as possible.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2020, 09:32 »
At least you (and they) know what the problem is.... lucky you managed, finally, to see the Dr.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2020, 10:19 »
That is good news to have a diagnoses.   When my rash started, and I was reading possible causes, it said Thyroid.   I organised a blood test, and afterward heard nothing which I took to mean it was ok.  I have just got three patches re-occur on my right wrist, and it followed immediately after cutting back the Lobelia. I though about Lobelia the first time, because it co-incided and I noticed latex bleeding from them.
The Doc made an urgent appointment for me to see the dermatologist,   ha ha, still waiting.
It is so much better when you are able to find a cause and I feel certain that once you get the correct dosage you will feel so much better as well.     Good luck,   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2020, 19:50 »
Good luck, Aidy.  Hope you get the right treatment and can stop scratching  :D

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 21:01 »
Hope that is the cause of your discomfort Aidy, from friends o suffer with under/over active thyroid I know they begin to feel so much better when on the medication so fingers crossed for you
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2020, 17:29 »
Cheers Peeps

GP@9.30 in the morning just hope the meds will be prescribed or it will kick off  :mad:

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2020, 21:17 »
Hope you get it sorted Aidy.  It sounds a miserable problem to deal with and the kind to nag at you day and night :(

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2020, 20:18 »
Someone blew the light out  :mad:

Been at the docs again, skin itch getting worse and yesterday I had scratched my forearms that much they had started to swell.
Doc has now finally referred me to dermatology following latest pics this morning uploaded and has prescribed strong anti histamines so fingers crossed a skin expert (Blaster Bates (remember him) said expert... Ex= has been, spurt=drip under pressure) will get to the bottom of it and get it sorted.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2020, 21:50 »
Good luck with that, Aidy  :)

mrs bouquet

« Reply #10 on: September 04, 2020, 10:30 »
Hi Aidy, I really do hope you get to that appointment soon.   My urgent appointment, made in June is next Wednesday.   It is pretty bad on my face at present.    The only thing I have found that eases mine is Aveeno, which I have on prescription.    When I ordered some last week, they sent me "Epimax Oatmeal Cream"  I use it as a soap as well.  It is a cheaper product than Aveeno, but I have found it excellent.  It is free of all nastys and says for use in eczema, psoriasis and dry skin conditions.  I was told by Doc to take pictures of the rash, which I did.  I shall take them to Dermatologist for a gander !     Good luck and I hope it soon calms down, the stress of worrying about it makes it worse doesn't it.   regards  Mrs Bouquet

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #11 on: September 04, 2020, 21:43 »
Cheers Mrs B.
I have been reading up on types of eczema etc and found a really informative site, that also mentions oatmeal and interestingly cider vinegar bath!
Will hold on until I have spoken to skinny peeps.
I read one section on certain symptons and it was bang on me so fingers crossed.
I am hoping the allergen that has caused this is something called work, if this is the case I will have to retire!

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: September 06, 2020, 10:31 »
Sorry to hear this Aidy  :(

Hope that the medication helps quickly.

snowdrops

« Reply #13 on: September 06, 2020, 12:21 »
I used to use oatmeal in a piece of muslin run under the water for my daughters baths & then gently washing her with it when she was little. She has an egg & dairy intolerance too & avoiding all forms of them helped reduce the symptoms in the main. For severe eczema they use light therapy & a form of mild bleach in some circumstances....not Donald Trumps idea by the way.
I do hope you get some relief soon as it is a really miserable condition, I suffer from it mildly & always have, the key I find is keeping your skin well hydrated from inside & out. Moisturiser on the outside & water on the in. You may eventually want to look into your diet, our bodies do become intolerant of things that we previously tolerated or thought we did!

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #14 on: September 09, 2020, 20:28 »
Interesting Snowdrops.
I have read that and it is planned, the first attempt is a Apple Cider Vinegar bath, had a couple of these and it has not stopped the itching as yet but it seems to of speeded up the healing on my hands!

thumbup
Still Light at 4.30pm!

Started by mumofstig on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post January 18, 2019, 07:24
by Pescador
xx
A light hearted natter.

Started by Kleftiwallah on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post September 19, 2022, 23:29
by John
xx
Warm-soft light bulbs...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

14 Replies
Last post March 08, 2020, 06:03
by Growster...
clip
Finally finished....

Started by Mr Dog on Chatting on the Plot

1 Replies
Last post April 22, 2020, 17:49
by Yorkie

Page created in 0.125 seconds with 56 queries.