iseki KC4 and engine KF340

• 14 Replies

matfarrow

« on: February 26, 2007, 08:11 »
Can anyone help please, i have just been given a iseki KC4 with a plough attachement. it is in good condition for its year,whatever that is? and the engine turns well. The trouble i have is that there is no spark, leading towards a faulty or worn magneto and points. on further investigation i've found that the HT lead has broken where it goes into the magneto.Can anyone tell me where i can get any information and or parts for this? please help......

muntjac

« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2007, 12:53 »
qwiz must be the man for this ive never heard of one , he will be able to help i reckon :wink:
still alive /............

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2007, 13:42 »
Hi Matfarrow. You lucky devil. Its quite old 30+ i think. You can use a double ended screw to attach a new HT lead. Use silicone to insulate. Be gentle and do not screw into the coil to far, use plenty of clips to support the new HT lead and you should be away until parts can be sourced.
always have a target
and an objective.

Gwiz

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 19:12 »
check that conection mf, you may find that it is one of the good types that screw in. failing that im gonna need a few more details about the machine. there is no doubt some engine numbers around and about that we are going to need to get you on the road. bbf's suggestion is a good one to get you through the rotovating season.
i cant think of the top of my head who we use at work for the spares for that brand of machine. if you like i will ask a few questions on t'morrow.
all the best
graham

matfarrow

iseki KC4
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2007, 21:46 »
thank you for your quick responce........this is the first time i have used a forum so forgive me if i post this in the wrong area etc. the full details i have for this machine are as follows.It is a Iseki KC4 with an engine number of KF340 the machine serial number is 007608.
the magneto has a set of points with it and a condencer. i have spoken to a machinery shop today and they seem to think it may be a honda engine. don't know if this is true or not hope someone can help. the ht lead as far as i can see doesn't screw in....does this matter?
oh whilst i'm on the search for info, any ideas where i can get a manual and two 400-7 tyres for it if i get it going?
thanks

Gwiz

« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 12:51 »
right, now then, iseki are now imported by ;
Ransome Jacobsen ltd
ipswich
they dont appear to list any rotovators in the product list, that may just mean that ransomes dont import them.
some pictures of the engine may help to identify it.
as for the tyres, i dont think you will find too many problems getting some locally to you (will be cheaper ), i can get them, but with postage its gonna push the cost up.

matfarrow

« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 15:42 »
ok thanks for that i'll see what i can do...just offout to the shed to give this double ended screw thing a bash,will let you know the outcome.

matfarrow

« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2007, 07:06 »
it's going!!!!! cleaned the points and soldered the broken joint on the ht lead and all going well. 2 forward gears working and 1 reverse working after a bit of gentle persuasion.just need to clean it up now and it will look nice. thanks for your help.

Gwiz

« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 12:37 »
good for you, i am glad! :D

Bigbadfrankie

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 17:17 »
Thats great :D  Dont forget the pic in the gallery.

matfarrow

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 22:30 »
pics will follow ...trouble is it,'s in bits now ready for the big clean up and paint job.watch this space.

bavaria

Re: iseki KC4 and engine KF340
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2011, 15:58 »
Hello
I just have a iseki kc4 what petrol do I use? leaded or unleaded??

Gwiz

« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2011, 16:41 »
Best use unleaded.
And hello to you. Why not pop up to the welcome section and introduce yourself?

bavaria

« Reply #13 on: February 26, 2011, 14:59 »
Hello
I just testet my iseki kc4 with a mower, (to cut grass with) the problem is that I have 2 reverse gear and 1 to go forward, so the previus owner must have done something terrible wrong. Do anybody have a siple solution of this problem?? :(

Vit

• Experienced Member
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2011, 08:35 »
Hello
I just testet my iseki kc4 with a mower, (to cut grass with) the problem is that I have 2 reverse gear and 1 to go forward, so the previus owner must have done something terrible wrong. Do anybody have a siple solution of this problem?? :(

Just spin around handle bar  :D KC-3xx, KC-4xx and KC-5xx mini tractors are similar

xx
what fuel to use in a 4stroke iseki kf340 1970s rotovator made in japan?

Started by mrmageka on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 05, 2010, 14:59
by arugula
xx
Iseki plough Model KC4 engine KF 304

Started by JET on Equipment Shed

1 Replies
Last post September 08, 2006, 18:08
by Bigbadfrankie
xx
non starting merry tiller 1978 white engine curvy handle engine model 130282

Started by T Howell on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post August 04, 2014, 11:24
by T Howell
xx
Iseki KC4

Started by Huzey on Equipment Shed

12 Replies
Last post May 07, 2009, 21:10
by Huzey

Page created in 0.266 seconds with 38 queries.