Exercising

• 9 Replies

mrs bouquet

Exercising
« on: March 29, 2020, 12:34 »
Marching on the spot in front of the mirror, with the drill sergeant bawling at me to get my knees up higher.
I try to get them so that my thigh is at a straight angle from my body. Then really bend those arms at the elbow and move them hard. Working hard at this will make you puff and your heart beat faster, and if it doesn't hurt, you aren't doing it right  :unsure:   I am now up to six hundred marches, then 100 more just lifting my foot so that my big toe is still on the ground.    This is done much more slowly as a cool down.
I have also found "Joe Wicks - Exercises for the Elderly on you tube.  These are good because it involves moving different body parts to the marching.    Later on (it may be too cold today) I go for a brisk walk around the village.     So I am doing my best.     :D  regards, Mrs Bouquet

Edited for title typo.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2020, 10:35 by JayG »
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Excercising
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2020, 13:51 »
I'm trying to use my exercise bike on the days I don't walk to the allotment, but tbh I don't always remember  :wacko:
Once I get my head in a book, the day is mostly gone before I realise the time  ;)

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2020, 14:44 »
My yoga teacher is sending us exercise plans each week.  I’m doing my best but sometimes fail  ::)

MrsPea

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2020, 16:48 »
I did go to keep fit twice a week plus yoga once a wk, so i found it hard not doing any exercise so i now do a routine with my husband every morning plus going for our daily walk. Not today !!!
I Love my green house

Goosegirl

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2020, 14:24 »
Mrs Pea. How that post got through the Mods I don't know, but I'm sure Growster may have a comment or two later on after he's done his Karma Carmelion exercises.

Methinks the Hokey-Cokey would be a far better way for us to keep fit because all you've got to do is this. When you get up from your chair just put your feet on the floor and use your arms to push you up. Use your right arm to put your right foot in to your left-hand slipper then use your left arm to put your left foot into your right-hand slipper then just have a go at Michael Jackson's Moonwalk. May I also recommend a little application of 3-in-1 oil before attempting the Argentine tango!  :)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Growster...

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2020, 16:29 »
I'm aching to get out for a bike ride actually, and the other spent a whole morning scraping the paths and tilling the garden with the Mantis path brush and then the blades - and ached like heck afterwards, as it's an odd pulling motion for much of the time!

TBH, we're not really doing anything differently from our usual routine - JRT still gets her walk first thing, we see nobody though...

MrsPea

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2020, 18:25 »
Mrs Pea. How that post got through the Mods I don't know, but I'm sure Growster may have a comment or two later on after he's done his Karma Carmelion exercises.

Methinks the Hokey-Cokey would be a far better way for us to keep fit because all you've got to do is this. When you get up from your chair just put your feet on the floor and use your arms to push you up. Use your right arm to put your right foot in to your left-hand slipper then use your left arm to put your left foot into your right-hand slipper then just have a go at Michael Jackson's Moonwalk. May I also recommend a little application of 3-in-1 oil before attempting the Argentine tango!  :)
GG I've just had a utube vidio sent me with dance moves i shall try that as well lol  :D

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2020, 21:26 »
Mum was wondering whether there are any online pilates classes that anyone can recommend for this period?

She also tells me that the Green Goddess (Diana Moran, not the fire engines) is apparently coming back on TV for a more gentle exercise routine for the nation!
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #8 on: April 01, 2020, 08:27 »
The Husband and I have just realised we need to get out for more exercise than we are getting with the kids in tow. In line with what we got before we got trapped in the house. So I got out for 2 hours and then he goes out for 2 hours. If I'm up early I escape, if I'm not we alternate. I'm used to 2 - 2 1/2 hours walking and I can't deal with not getting it.

mrs bouquet

Re: Exercising
« Reply #9 on: April 01, 2020, 12:22 »
Watch out for "Mr Motivator" as well,  remember him ?   Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.142 seconds with 51 queries.