Idiots!!!

• 76 Replies

mrs bouquet

Re: Idiots!!!
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2020, 14:19 »
A different, more acceptable, group of idiots

Thanks,Mr Dog,   I think that is brilliant.    Just joining together and having a laugh, when there is not a lot to laugh about.      Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Growster...

« Reply #31 on: April 12, 2020, 15:29 »
   Yes it makes my blood boil. I have a daughter of 28 who found herself living on her own due to a break up. Though she only lives in the next village we don't have physical contact. And I've just plated up a lovely Sunday dinner with pudding for her to heat up and left it on her doorstep. Meals on wheels. I know for sure from noise further up from us that there is a larger than normal gathering. 😠

Rubes, you are a Saint,and definitely one of us here!

Bless you - and your Daught too!

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: April 13, 2020, 10:31 »
The police were out and about in Reading this weekend, stopping cars heading out of town on the main routes.  I only know this as OH was out delivering food shopping to people and saw them.

I hope the message is starting to sink in now, but I find it mad that they even needed to be there  ::)

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 13, 2020, 10:39 »
Stig says that Londoners are still driving down to their caravans/chalets as if that's ok. So stupid, they'll just bring the virus with them  :mad:

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #34 on: April 13, 2020, 11:31 »
I can understand people in towns and cities wanting to get out to countryside and enjoy the lovely weather. But when we hear of locals driving 20 miles to go to a beach, moving the road closed signs to drive there.. words fail me. We're so fortunate to live in some beautiful countryside with space to walk around etc. However, it's frustrating to know we can't just pop to the beach by law even though we totally agree with it.
As for the news - what is the BBC thinking? Yes, there are problems with PPE but the NHS management and government are doing everything they can. We all want this to end when safe to do so but endless demands for a date and plan at this point is just pathetic. Last night the 10pm news was just a depressing string of obituaries. As Val said it's enough to make you suicidal. I'm not saying they should censor or paint a rosy picture of the situation but neither should they aim to bring us down.

Growster...

« Reply #35 on: April 13, 2020, 11:36 »
Best to avoid the BBC for health reasons, John...

They're not really helping a tragic situation, and most of the news has been written by nutters who pen the sordid stuff for Eastenders, only worse...

And why do they show people grouping close together in kayaks or dog-walking kit before each bulletin? Perhaps they don't take any notice of government guidelines like normal people do...

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #36 on: April 13, 2020, 11:55 »
They're not really helping a tragic situation, and most of the news has been written by nutters who pen the sordid stuff for Eastenders, only worse...
I haven't watched Eastenders since Dirty Den was in it! But the Archers I've listened to for years are surreal now. They used to have topical farming related bits (well that was the original intention of the programme) - now it's a corona free world and the local builder who was a nice chap has become an evil slaver which just doesn't fit. It's bad writing, unconvincing. Then again, they've destroyed Dr Who - I think you get less propaganda on N Korean TV.
<sigh>

Growster...

« Reply #37 on: April 13, 2020, 12:05 »
Dirty Den was much better in another programme 'The Paradise Club' with the fabulous Don Henderson!

In fact, you've just reminded me how good that series was, and only a minute ago, we bought the whole 'Bergerac' set, so I may have to go and negotiate with Mrs Growster to get this one as well!

Given up on current TV shows, much better to enjoy real stuff...

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #38 on: April 13, 2020, 12:22 »
Blackpool has been a ghost town, every credit to the people that live here. Police were out in force yesterday but the beaches were empty.
As I mentioned in my Easter Sunday post, we had a street party which was applauded by two of them as they drove down our street, we all stuck to our front gardens, min distance was 7 meters. We have an 85 year old lass who's husband is in care and she has had to stay in on her own, for her to come out and shout to chat she loved it and put a big smile on her face. It can be done.
Fines have to be enough to make these idiots think, slap on the wrist wont work.
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

Goosegirl

« Reply #39 on: April 13, 2020, 13:53 »
Dirty Den was much better in another programme 'The Paradise Club' with the fabulous Don Henderson!

In fact, you've just reminded me how good that series was, and only a minute ago, we bought the whole 'Bergerac' set, so I may have to go and negotiate with Mrs Growster to get this one as well!

Given up on current TV shows, much better to enjoy real stuff...

I so loved the Bergerac series that I went on holiday to Jersey in the 80's on a Shearing's trip. I was in a queue to have my photo taken for charity when he singled me out for a hug by saying "Come here you lovely lady" much to the annoyance of the chap behind me when I gave him my camera so he could take a pic. All I was left with is a fuzzy picture which, if I can find it, I'll post it on here.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

New shoot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: April 13, 2020, 15:13 »
I'm not saying they should censor or paint a rosy picture of the situation but neither should they aim to bring us down.

No they shouldn't.  It is a horrible situation with lots of pain and loss, but also good things are happening.  We have 2 huge Nightingale hospitals built in days by amazing people, our NHS is doing an incredible job and for the most part, people are accepting their new life.

Traffic is minimal, so air quality is better.  Lots of people are going out of their way to help others.  Community spirit is on the rise.  People are re-disovering simple pleasures like cooking a nice meal, going for a walk, gardening, playing with their kids or even Bergerac box sets  ;)

If you are safe at home and well, there is a lot to be thankful for  :)

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #41 on: April 13, 2020, 19:58 »
Just seen a Lancs police tweet!
They stopped a family from Middlesex on way to the Lake District wearing masks and gloves.
What planet are they on?

grinling

« Reply #42 on: April 13, 2020, 20:20 »
We have people in the local town admitting to meeting up.

Tenhens

• freedom lodge for tenhens ex battery 1 year on
« Reply #43 on: April 13, 2020, 20:25 »
They stopped a family from Middlesex on way to the Lake District wearing masks and gloves.
What planet are they on?

How did they get that far ??  Are the the Boys in Blue not using ANPR and checking home addresses .  A wasted journey , fuel cost and fine ,  I wonder how they explained their actions to their children.
we also rescue rabbits and guinea pigs, grow own veg

John

• Administrator
    • Low Cost Living
« Reply #44 on: April 13, 2020, 23:13 »
What planet are they on?
Hang on! I know this one.. saw the film.. Charlton Heston.. finds the statue of liberty on the beach at the end.. :unsure:

Page created in 0.138 seconds with 50 queries.