Biccys

• 11 Replies

WeavingGryphon

Biccys
« on: April 15, 2020, 22:50 »
What's your favourite biscuit and do you dunk them?

I like shop made ginger nuts and my home made spiced biscuits- it's a modifed ginger nut recipe, chocolate chip and nut biscuits and oaty biscuits. Sometimes even covered in chocolate. but not too much.

Husband and Youngest love a chocolate digestive or bourbon. Both kids love home made chocolate chip biscuits, probably because I make loads. So they can have one on each hand and one in the mouth and not get told to stop being gut bags, leave some for everyone else.

It's not an emergency and to help my fortitude and the NHS so this evening I was refusing to put an extra top on to keep me chilly until closing time and help me resist going to the shop. So I'm going to talk about them instead.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
Re: Biccys
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2020, 23:10 »
My fav are Ameretti as a treat. I occasionally make biscotti but try to avoid biscuits altogether - cos I'd scoff the packet once opened  :blush:

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2020, 07:03 »
Ginger nuts, dunked of course - best biscuit ever. Only buy as a treat because the packet empties itself when I'm not looking.

Other than that anything with chocoale,  we had some rather nice stem ginger biccys covered in dark chocolate.  Try not to buy too many - we eat cake instead!!!

rowlandwells

« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2020, 08:41 »
definitely ginger nuts not to bothered about chocolate also something savoury to go with a nice piece of cheese and possibly a home bottled pickle onion  :D

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #4 on: April 16, 2020, 08:59 »
definitely ginger nuts not to bothered about chocolate also something savoury to go with a nice piece of cheese and possibly a home bottled pickle onion  :D

Can you get cheese? There's been a run on cheddar up here so you can hardly get it. Well unless you want the super artisanal expensive that had a name and was taken to tea parties and the like to get to be that price. Cheddar is the only type most of us here like. There was a few blocks of "Red Leicester" as well but it looked crumbly and I have bits coming off the block.

If anyone wants to explain the difference between Gloucester and Red Leicester to me I'd love to read it. I didn't like them years ago but they may cheese sauce nicely.

If the bread bothers to rise we may make biscuits because we have everything we need (besides sliced bread) and biscuits don't count on their own as a reason to go to the shop. I can't even make my own ginger nuts because the golden syrup isn't essential to merit a trip or, in stock.

mrs bouquet

« Reply #5 on: April 16, 2020, 10:59 »
Yes, I like ginger nuts as well,   and custard creams, and bourbon, and oaty things and shortbread, and digestive and and and...……  Just doing my online order, shall I take a packet off, or put another one on  :blush:  Normally I don't even have them in the house, because like Mum, I open the packet, that's it all gone !
 :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #6 on: April 16, 2020, 12:06 »
Yes, I like ginger nuts as well,   and custard creams, and bourbon, and oaty things and shortbread, and digestive and and and...……  Just doing my online order, shall I take a packet off, or put another one on  :blush:  Normally I don't even have them in the house, because like Mum, I open the packet, that's it all gone !
 :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

As someone who just made a batch of pancakes that didn't scratch the biccy itch for the love of sugar BUY ANOTHER packet. Take out a daily quota and put them up high so they are an effort to get to.

Sobs gently.

MrsPea

« Reply #7 on: April 17, 2020, 18:49 »
How come no one has mentioned chocolate digestive biccy  ??

We also like ginger nuts husband has 2 fig rolls every night, i have NO sugar digestive from Iceland shop some nights. I did make a batch of shortbread the other day they've nearly all gone rather Moorish  :D
I Love my green house

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2020, 09:50 »
I was baking last night and made some chocolate chip biscuits, vanilla biscuits and "spiced" biscuits. No golden syrup so they aren't modified ginger snaps. I'm not as adventurous as Daniel Coffey to make my own. What with small 2 kids about.

They aren't as good as ginger biscuits.

rowlandwells

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2020, 19:42 »
yes we have got cheese round here weavingGryphon my son in law did a bit of shopping for us today and got a large pack of Cheder so cream crackers a piece cheder and a red onion washed down with a glass of nice white wine tonight me thinks  :D :D

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #10 on: April 19, 2020, 09:50 »
Awww, sounds amazing. Crackers are one of the items having a run on them for months. And digestives, I love cheese on them.

MrsPea

« Reply #11 on: April 19, 2020, 10:05 »
Awww, sounds amazing. Crackers are one of the items having a run on them for months. And digestives, I love cheese on them.
So do i  :D

Page created in 0.182 seconds with 49 queries.