spraying cues

• 5 Replies

Brassica Blaz

• Experienced Member
spraying cues
« on: April 28, 2012, 06:55 »
hi all ,having only a 6x6 g/house,i have to grow my toms &cues together,just wondered if the cues would benefit having  a water mist spray on them because they like the humidity or would this encourage moulds or disease.? :)

gremlin

• Experienced Member
Re: spraying cues
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2012, 09:02 »
as a novice cu grower, but reading up madly to see where I am going wrong. I think cues love humidity but hate actually being spayed.

25 years of growing toms - toms don't care for humidity much. They like it dry, but with their feet wet.   That's why "they" say Ts & Cs cant be grown together.

In a scorching summer I do splash gallons of water around on the paths and walls to try an cool it down.  ( full shading, doors and windows open and sometimes remove some glass too).
Sometimes my plants grow despite, not because of, what I do to them.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2012, 09:11 »
In a scorching summer

You have a long memory then  :D

you can section off the end, or a corner of the greenhouse with polysheeting, which would keep them a bit more humid. But having seen cues growing in full sun in the med, I wonder if it's necessary  ;)

Goldfinger

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2012, 10:02 »

Last year, we mixed our toms' and cucs' in the same green house.

The GH faces north - south, with the door is on the south end, so it gets full sun until about 4pm onwards because the sun then gets blocked by some tall trees to the west.

Our cuc's were planted at the back of the greenhouse, and they romped away!  8)

Who on here said to keep them away from the door? I think that was enough to make difference last year for us.

mattwragg94

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2012, 10:22 »
i agree with goldfinger - ive had success with growing cuc's and toms together for years, i just make sure the toms are near the door and the cuc's are the furthest away from the door - ive had good crops from both plants. -

also on warm summers days i put a little water on the floor next to the cuc's, so that it evapourates and gives them moisture :D

Springlands

« Reply #5 on: April 30, 2012, 16:36 »
i agree with goldfinger - ive had success with growing cuc's and toms together for years, i just make sure the toms are near the door and the cuc's are the furthest away from the door - ive had good crops from both plants. -

also on warm summers days i put a little water on the floor next to the cuc's, so that it evapourates and gives them moisture :D

That is what I do and I usually have a reasonable crop. Do not think that it is a good idea to spray cukes - likely to scorch the leaves when the sun shines. Keep the stem dry but the plant well watered and spray down the staging and the GH floor to maintain humidity. Some people keep containers of water near the cukes to increase the humidity - have never tried it so do not know if it works.  :)

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 40 queries.