Renting a garden

• 17 Replies

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
Re: Renting a garden
« Reply #15 on: March 30, 2024, 12:16 »
Well the owner has gone off on holiday (honeymoon) so I have not met him yet but I met the prospect fellow gardener who is a nice Spanish lady and the owner will be back in two weeks.
Starting preparing the site as there is a lot of rubbish there (plastic  sheets and so on - Spanish lady said the previous tenant grew strawberries!).
Anyhow, I have just noticed that the plot I will be working is full of small stones (see photo). Any advice you may have about this would be welcome.

Anton

Is the lot with the small rocks/rubbish  the one proposed to be leased to you at high cost? If most of the plot is like this, you might want to consider if it is worth it or not.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Anton

« Reply #16 on: March 30, 2024, 18:53 »
Yes it is the same plot. However, I wrote to the owner and said that I'd never had to pay for a garden before, on the understanding that I kept them neat and tidy, keeping the grass and weeds down,... He said that we could work out a "good deal" when he gets back. "Anything is possible". I think the owner was paying for a lot of the maintenance himself so that might have been a factor. The neighbour provides water free of charge to a tank on the site and electricity in exchange for being able to deposit cuttings from his trees and bushes in a corner of the plot. There is also a place to store tools. The soil seems to be quite good apart from the tiny stones in places.  The co-gardener, a Spanish lady, seems to be really nice and was really keen for us to share the plot with us. We'll see how it works out.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2024, 21:05 »
Sounds good, Anton  :D

xx
Help - renting space in my polytunnel?????

Started by mumof4 on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post February 10, 2008, 21:25
by cooperman
xx
Cost of renting a patch for GYO

Started by barney rubble on Grow Your Own

34 Replies
Last post May 20, 2009, 23:10
by matron
xx
what are you doing in the garden now??

Started by gardener247 on Grow Your Own

24 Replies
Last post January 07, 2010, 09:27
by Bobby
xx
New garden

Started by lfcevans on Grow Your Own

3 Replies
Last post June 02, 2019, 14:12
by neilbdavies684

Page created in 0.364 seconds with 38 queries.