Non-Golfers, Golfers Elbow ?

• 4 Replies

mrs bouquet

Non-Golfers, Golfers Elbow ?
« on: December 24, 2018, 16:45 »
Have any of you experienced or got this condition.   If so, how do you think you got it, what makes it worse, and how do you make it less painful and cure it ??   Thanks,   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

cressrt

Re: Non-Golfers, Golfers Elbow ?
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2018, 18:20 »
or Tennis Elbow
I suffer occasionally, tend to wear an elbow support when it's bad, this usually helps it, I take Cod Liver Oil or similar supplement to help the joints, and also use Tiger Balm on it.

madcat

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2018, 20:07 »
My Dad was deeply offended to be diagnosed with tennis elbow ... "I've never played tennis in my life!"  :ohmy: :mad: :mad: He had been putting down a parquet floor .... ::)

Ibuprofen gel works well I find at reducing the pain and the swelling - OH can be a bit prone to it.
All we need to make us really happy is something to be enthusiastic about (Charles Kingsley)

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2018, 23:30 »
I suffer from this, it can be very painful. Mine is mainly through fly fishing, the first time it got me, it was too painful to pick up a mug. The present bout (3rd) is nearly into it's fourth year  :mad:
There isn't a lot you can do if it's bad.
Imagine a rope made up from hundreds of small strands, that's like your tendon except that it's torn and frayed and come adrift from where it's supposed to be attached to the elbow.

I found that a clasp helped a little, it holds the tendon in place "a bit"
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Medipaq%C2%AE-Tennis-Golfers-Epicondylitis-Support/dp/B00AKSFWZU/ref=sr_1_4_a_it/262-3903295-9062018?ie=UTF8&amp&qid=1532701060&amp&sr=8-4&amp&keywords=tennis+elbow+clasp

Br

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2018, 17:05 »
Thanks you for your replies.  I did look at the link for the support band, but it was too big for my arm ::)
I shall look again tomorrow and see if I can find a smaller one.     
Early February, I have an appointment with a Musculoskeletal Assessment Man.   I can only hope he has got long enough  :lol: :( :lol: :( :lol:   Mrs Bouquet

Page created in 0.169 seconds with 39 queries.