I've got a kitchen aid!!

• 23 Replies

Snoop

Re: I've got a kitchen aid!!
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2014, 08:48 »
Be aware that when you use cereal as a filler-binder for the burger to use the non-yeast variety as yeast-based cereals can leave an unwanted taste. I got into this with rabbit sausages and many websites urges against using yeast-based cereal for this reason.

I've been pondering on mincing rabbit and chicken. Do you mince chicken too? Do they mince well or do they 'tear' instead, being quite soft meats?

joyfull

• Monarch Engineering Ltd
« Reply #16 on: January 09, 2015, 22:07 »
I love my kitchen aid mixer and blender. I have the mincer, shredder and pasta attachments (I buy the attachments from America off ebay.com rather than ebay.co.uk as they are generally cheaper even taking into account the postage). With the grinder you get two sizes of plates for course or fine ground.
I also have a smaller bowl to use with it for smaller portions.
Staffies are softer than you think.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #17 on: January 10, 2015, 09:49 »
Useful tip, thanks! My ice-cream maker attachment arrived yesterday and it looks great. It won't get used for a while though as I have just started weight watchers again :(

joyfull

« Reply #18 on: January 10, 2015, 11:05 »
try making frozen yoghurt or sorbets then :)

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2015, 12:01 »
I spent a lot of time looking at the difference between kenwood chef and kitchen aid but it came down to the fact the ken wood didn't do an Ice cream attachmemt

According the Heston you can make ice cream with any mixer ... all you need is some Liquid Nitrogen  :lol:

I looked at various brands of mixers before Christmas.  I really struggled to see what the benefit was of Kenwood vs. Kitchen Aid (assuming that "style/colour" was not a primary consideration).  I'd love to know if there is one 'coz Kitchen Aid is not a cheap purchase ...

Instead I bought a cheap & cheerful model (Andrew James, 7L £100) to see how much we use it / how we use it, as a prelude to then splashing out on the right tool for the job (or sticking with this one if it only gets used once a year!)

The one I have says that when mixing heavy mixes not to run it continuously for more than 4 minutes, and then to let it rest/cool for 10 minutes. Perhaps Kenwood / Kitchen Aid have more robust motors and can stand running flat out for longer / indefinitely?

My Mother had an ancient (c. 1950) Kenwood. She was still using it in 2010 ... but she always "rested" that too, after any vigorous mixing. Maybe that's partly why it lasted so long

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #20 on: January 11, 2015, 08:05 »
Ooh I didn't think about frozen yoghurt!

I think kitchen aids can keep going for longer Kristen as they come with a proper recipe book when you register them (huge hard back thing) and lots of them include the machine running for over 5 minutes

Kristen

• K's Garden blog
« Reply #21 on: January 11, 2015, 14:00 »
the machine running for over 5 minutes

Thanks, thought that must be (at least part of) the case.

joyfull

« Reply #22 on: January 11, 2015, 21:05 »
The kitchen aid is made by Hobart and is just a smaller version of their larger catering versions. I like the fact that they are very heavy duty (being cast bodied) and feel a lot more sturdy to me than plastic machines.

RJR_38

• www.foodinmytum.com
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2015, 18:01 »
Well I have been a but naughty after browsing ebay last week.... Some woman was selling all her kitchen aid attachments practically unused and in a box because she decided she didn't like hers and got a magimix for Christmas instead  :ohmy:

I was restrained and only bought the fruit/veg strainer (perfect for making tomato sauce in the summer or Apple sauce etc) and the meat grinder as this is needed for the strainer - for a bargain price! I stopped myself buying the shredder and grater because there is nothing wrong with the food processor I have that does that job. When thst breaks I will probably just replace it with those attachments but until then....

So now to research the best/cheapest cuts to make mince!

xx
Rebuilding the kitchen.

Started by Lardman on Kitchen Natter

23 Replies
Last post February 11, 2014, 16:11
by Growster...
xx
kitchen tongs

Started by Steveharford on Kitchen Natter

2 Replies
Last post September 06, 2014, 17:06
by Mrs Bee
xx
Kitchen clear out

Started by New shoot on Kitchen Natter

12 Replies
Last post January 08, 2014, 17:42
by Willow_Warren
clip
and she does a lap of honour round the kitchen!

Started by Mrs Bee on Kitchen Natter

22 Replies
Last post May 29, 2014, 21:13
by Mrs Bee

Page created in 0.141 seconds with 33 queries.