First fox this week. eeeekkk

• 2 Replies

gracie

• Experienced Member
First fox this week. eeeekkk
« on: May 02, 2011, 10:53 »
We were going out at 9pm on Saturday evening and lo and behold blooming fox running down the lane. Really shook me up. I know they are about but have never seen one.  We live near marshes and have loads of muntjac, which we do see but only ever find fox poo.
Then last night we could hear it. The muntjac was making a huge din and you could also hear the fox. Sat in bed feeling really ill knowing it was close.
There really is no way it could get in our run unless it has fox wire cutters, but still puts you on edge. I checked around the run this morning and there is no sign of anything attempting a dig, we have almost a foot of concrete and then a layer of bricks under the perimeter of the fun.
I have noticed a couple of cats hanging around, one was really friendly and we were coaxing it, as hopefully it will help with rats and mice.

GrannieAnnie

• Grandmother of the Forums
Re: First fox this week. eeeekkk
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 13:01 »
Hopefully the fox will be more interested in the muntjac which are not enclosed.  But keep vigilant gracie, they are wily little so and so's!

LittleRedHen

• little red hens egg blog
Re: First fox this week. eeeekkk
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 14:35 »
Our neighbours two houses down, reported a fox in their garden last week.  I didn't sleep well for several nights worried for the hens.  We really lock them up tightly, but one can never tell.
When I die I will slide in sideways, a glass of wine in one hand and chocolate in the other, screaming, "Whooo hooo!  What a ride!" as life is to be enjoyed to the fullest!

xx
How many eggs do you eat per week ?

Started by wolverine on Chicken Chat

18 Replies
Last post September 11, 2010, 12:31
by evie2
xx
a good week!

Started by tesni on Chicken Chat

1 Replies
Last post September 09, 2010, 12:47
by joyfull
xx
our 2 week old chicks with photos

Started by gracie on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post April 16, 2011, 14:41
by Squiggly
xx
feeding two week old chicks

Started by animal mad on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post May 16, 2010, 06:54
by animal mad

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 38 queries.