Worried about girls!

• 4 Replies

rileyfin

• Experienced Member
Worried about girls!
« on: May 15, 2012, 12:51 »
The tree fellers are coming today  :ohmy:, and I am stuck at work (12 hour shifts) today and tomorrow.
I live in woodland and there are at least 6 big trees to come down on my side  :(, the hen houses are against the side of the house and stone outhouse. I have left them in the runs rather than allowing them to roam around but I am worried  :unsure:
Had a chat to my landlady and she was going to talk to the guys and she has my number. Cannot do anything til Thurs, and cant really move them cos I dont have anywhere to move them to!
Landlady said I could use her spare coop but she is a couple of miles away and I have 20 youngsters and 6 older girls. Dnt really want to put them in the visinity of strange birds, my girls are so healthy.
Will they be ok with a bit of noise, they shouldnt get jostled around as they are safely locked away, but there will be alot of movement and noise within 100 yards of them  :(
I havent heard anything, am I worrying unduly? :blink:

helens-hens

Re: Worried about girls!
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2012, 13:35 »
I wouldn't worry too much providing you keep confined to their run.

We had tree surgeons in our garden lopping some trees a couple of years ago and the girls just retired to their hen house until it was over. The initial noise & activity may alarm them at first but they will get used to it.
Helen

rileyfin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2012, 13:55 »
Thanks Helens-hens,

Frustrating being at work, I know someone would ring if there was a problem. Neighbour can over egg the pudding at times. He really wound me up last night.

They shoot around here, quite close sometimes, and the gardners have some noisy equipment and they are usually ok with that after a few minutes.

Just needed some to tell me they should be ok!  :wacko:

PaulineM

« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2012, 18:16 »
They will get used to the noise  :) 
We got our yard concreted last year and we had diggers and a rock-breaker in and apart from keeping them confined they were fine  :D
1 Hubby, 2 children, 2 Welsummers, 1 Leghorn Banty, 1 Wyandotte Banty, 1 Barnevelder, 2 Isa Brown, 1 Rhode Island, 1 Goldline,1 Maran, 2 Mottled Leghorns, 1 Leghorn cockerel & 2 Jack Russells

rileyfin

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2012, 09:50 »
Tkhanks Pauline,
Thats what I thought, girls may be a bit worried at first but would get used to the noise. Worried all day yesterday and the guys didnt even turn up!  >:(
After today I am off for a couple of weeks, just wish they woud come and get it over with!!!  :wacko:

sad
Worried about one of my girls.

Started by warrenlovinmama on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post September 19, 2011, 07:15
by Casey76
xx
really worried and don't know what to do for the best

Started by wolverine on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post November 09, 2010, 18:49
by rachelr
xx
Should I be worried???

Started by mo-jo on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post September 04, 2010, 16:16
by kazzii2010
xx
Worried

Started by Wyandottie on The Hen House

8 Replies
Last post April 19, 2009, 10:24
by smiler43

Page created in 0.233 seconds with 28 queries.