Need help with GG's new Smartphone.

• 6 Replies

Goosegirl

Need help with GG's new Smartphone.
« on: May 12, 2020, 13:49 »
I've just bought a Reno 10X ZOOM as recommended by Which? but the instructions are so minimal they was an absolute waste of paper. Charged it up, turned it on, then it said I have to enter a password for the BT Hub4-N9R9 to activate it. Der???????? I don't have one so what do I do now?
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

snowdrops

Re: Need help with GG's new Smartphone.
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2020, 14:09 »
The password will be on your router for the computer
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Fairy Plotmother

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2020, 14:23 »
The password will be on your router for the computer
Your black hub thing GG. My password is on a slider in the side.

jezza

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2020, 16:57 »
Hello it's obviously not that smart a smart phone if it can't find it's own password, I don't have a BT router for broad band I use my phone to use my computer jezza

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2020, 17:12 »
It's the Wifi that needs activating for the smartphone to be able to connect wirelessly to the router, and for that you need the Wifi password (also known as the Wifi 'key'.)

Not the same thing as the router access password - as already mentioned both passwords should be on a sticker or insert on the router.
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

Goosegirl

« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2020, 12:07 »
Just looked at the back of my router and there it is! I can't do wireless because our cottage has such thick walls that prevents me from doing it.

JG, you've got me lost between the label on the back of my router and the router access password. My router has a label with two codes. One seems to be the wireless code but another one is called the admin password, so I'm a bit lost at the moment: anyway I'll give it a go and see what happens. If I get stuck I'll get back to you all. Many thanks. GG. 

JayG

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: May 14, 2020, 13:07 »
Just to confirm that the wireless password is the one that isn't the 'admin password' (aka 'router access password'.)

Hopefully you've got it connected now, albeit only in the room with the router in it!

(Perhaps not the time to talk about homeplug wifi extenders, which could be useful in your house, although they don't work reliably in every situation...)

xx
Is there a PAYG smartphone?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post January 04, 2020, 23:07
by grinling

Page created in 0.113 seconds with 37 queries.