re poorly hen please help

• 3 Replies

vicpic39

re poorly hen please help
« on: September 25, 2009, 20:03 »
Hi all our shirley is perking up day by day. Still on antibiotics. i have noticed that her legs are farther apart than the other girls and she waddles! could this be some congenital defect or normal? will this impact on her ability to lay? she has suffered such trauma with the soft shell incident and im concerned that she will continue to have problems laying. i dont care about the eggs, i care about shirley, i dont want her to be in pain or distress. Any advice would be gratefully received

lucylou

• Experienced Member
Re: re poorly hen please help
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2009, 22:33 »
hi vicpic - glad to hear shirley is on the meand :) ive got a little bantie that has always seemed bandy legged and she hasnt had any difficulties with her egg laying.  just wait and see how shirley gets on, fingers crossed she will not have any more problems :)  is she scratching around foraging again yet?

vicpic39

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2009, 18:18 »
Hi lucylou, thanks for responding. Yep shirley is looking very well, foraging around and eating and drinking well. I think i might take her to the vet for an xray. Its awful i thought id never get so obsessed with chickens! lol! theyre like a drug arent they. going to giver her antibiotic now which is always good for a laugh!
vic xxx

lucylou

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2009, 23:12 »
yes its true keeping hens is addictive.  when we got our cat and our dog i didnt keep wanting to get more but with the hens - first it was 2, then another 2 and just 2 more and now another 2 would be lovely! OH has agreed to extend the run (but says he will do it in the spring) just got to keep nagging on as i want it done this autumn - then perhaps i can slip 2 more hens in without him noticing... when he sees them ill just say 'weve had them ages, just goes to show how much you notice'! :D

xx
poorly poorly hen advice please

Started by feelingbroody on The Hen House

12 Replies
Last post August 10, 2011, 18:22
by feelingbroody
question
poorly hen

Started by mollybilly on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post November 11, 2011, 23:33
by viettaclark
xx
poorly hen

Started by yacks on The Hen House

17 Replies
Last post June 27, 2012, 19:58
by jhub
xx
HELP! Poorly Hen

Started by Wildeone on The Hen House

3 Replies
Last post April 22, 2008, 11:04
by Jellyhead

Page created in 0.223 seconds with 35 queries.