Another scam

• 6 Replies

chrissie B

Another scam
« on: August 12, 2020, 21:19 »
We had loads of calls  automated from amazon asking to renew or not  by pressing a or b I flew into a panicked as didn't know if hubby had taken out £79 annual payment , he was mowing so took a while and the phone was dead when I got back they rang a few times and each time just put down phone hubby phoned bank and reported it and nothing's come out he checks regular
chr
Woman cannot live by bread alone , she must have cake , biscuits cheese and the occasional glass of wine .🍷

James frond

• Often shaken but never stirred.
Re: Another scam
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2020, 23:52 »
I had an email last week from "TV licensing"
Telling me that my direct debit could not be processed and would i kindly press the convenient link and fill in and confirm my bank details.
Obviously i did just that and I'm sure I've got nothing to be concerned about.
Why did i put 4 courgette plants in..

GraciesGran

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2020, 06:06 »
Safe as houses!

James frond

• Often shaken but never stirred.
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2020, 07:41 »
Last year i had a surprise email from a 'Prince Hasseem'
He explained that he was a heir to a vast fortune. He said that in order for his lawyer to process the paperwork he needed £400.
He went on to say, that if i would send him a payment of the £400, he would repay me ten fold.
So naturally i sent him the money.
It's been over a year since, and I'm still waiting for my ten fold £4000 to arrive. I guess it's a hold up in the Nigerian post service.  :nowink:

jaydig

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2020, 08:02 »
I had a letter from TV licensing, asking us to arrange to pay for a TV licence, as we no longer qualified for a free one.   I put all of their rubbish into the prepaid envelope - omitting any forms with our name and address on, together with a letter thanking them for their warning about scammers and fraudsters, and asking "did they know that there is a broadcaster that had an agreement with the government to continue to fund over 75 licences in return for the ability to continue to increase the licence fee. This particular company failed to honour the agreement to provide free licences for ALL pensioners, and is now demanding cash from older pensioners for a service that they agreed to provide free of charge" I asked if this was the type of scammers and fraudsters they wished to protect me from, and did this sound familiar to them. 

chrissie B

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2020, 09:37 »
We get loads but the bit that gets me though it doesn't matter if your well off or down to your last pound they will take it .
Chrissie b

chrissie B

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2020, 13:56 »
My daughters fellas got cought out they changed his cards and every thing but they are still opening accounts on amazon in his name .
We had one yesterday saying money was deposited in our account via baccs were not owed money or expecting any.
Chrissie b

xx
Another Scam

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

5 Replies
Last post October 11, 2020, 18:40
by Elaine G
xx
Another scam going around.

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

13 Replies
Last post December 23, 2021, 12:40
by Christine
xx
New scam around...

Started by Growster... on Chatting on the Plot

6 Replies
Last post October 27, 2023, 12:17
by Growster...
xx
Another scam

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

2 Replies
Last post March 14, 2021, 13:51
by mrs bouquet

Page created in 0.184 seconds with 46 queries.