Poor cucumber germination

• 18 Replies

HHH

Re: Poor cucumber germination
« Reply #15 on: May 20, 2013, 08:38 »
Most years I do reasonably well, germinating them indoors, getting about a 60% success rate. This year I've had three tries with Marketmore - previously successful - both indoor and in walk-in greenhouse in the garden and none have come up. I was beginning to think it was me, but having read others' experiences.....

BabbyAnn

« Reply #16 on: May 20, 2013, 10:09 »
I've usually been alright getting cucumbers to germinate and pot on and then out when it's right for them - I grow the more hardy outdoor varieties.  With it being so cold (with the odd blip of normal spring weather), I've left the sowing until much later than usual.  The squashes that I sowed over 3 weeks ago and have been in the greenhouse are only just germinating, and that's only because of the brief warm spell yesterday, so I imagine the cucumbers will be much the same  :(

Beetroot queen

« Reply #17 on: May 20, 2013, 10:17 »
Most years I do reasonably well, germinating them indoors, getting about a 60% success rate. This year I've had three tries with Marketmore - previously successful - both indoor and in walk-in greenhouse in the garden and none have come up. I was beginning to think it was me, but having read others' experiences.....

Snap that exactly, mine were last years seeds but they did fine previously.  :wacko:

Auntiemogs

« Reply #18 on: May 20, 2013, 17:48 »
Lost a lot of seed to rotting off last year  :( so my cunning plan this year was to chit them in damp tissue in my propagator.  Put loads in (cues, courgettes, squash etc.) and yes, you've guessed it...nearly 100% germination, mostly within 2-3 days...  Thought I'd lose a fair few to potting up but, er, no.... ::) :lol:
I would rather live in a world
where my life is surrounded by mystery
than live in a world so small that my mind could comprehend it...✿~ Harry Emerson Fosdick

xx
Poor Germination ?

Started by stompy on Grow Your Own

15 Replies
Last post May 14, 2007, 23:04
by bert
xx
patti pan poor germination

Started by steven c on Grow Your Own

2 Replies
Last post April 06, 2023, 19:16
by Subversive_plot
xx
Poor germination rate.

Started by sharky on Grow Your Own

7 Replies
Last post January 21, 2009, 15:33
by mumofstig
xx
Poor germination this year.

Started by Goosegirl on Grow Your Own

17 Replies
Last post May 20, 2022, 18:07
by Growster...

Page created in 0.363 seconds with 38 queries.