Weldmesh Questions.

• 4 Replies

Lardman

Weldmesh Questions.
« on: August 18, 2008, 12:50 »
Couple of simple weldmesh questions....

1. Attaching to run frame - fixing of choice ? I was going to use staples but Im so sure now.

2. Mesh on the inside of the frame or outside.

.. I've over engineered and over complicated the entire project so far - wish Id have just screwed 6 piece of 1/2inch ply together.  :cry: I just know its going to be a nightmare to clean.

poultrygeist

Weldmesh Questions.
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 13:07 »
First of all ....  DON'T PANIC !!!!

My first (and only) attempt at DIY henhouse is a mess of nooks and crannies round the edges but when it comes to clean out time, it's not oo bad and I just get the rubber gloves on and scrape it all out. It scrubs up ok. We just poo pick daily and replenish shavings and straw as needed.

It doesn't smell and so far we've had no probs.  :roll:

I attached the mesh to the outside because it hides the sharp edges from the chooks. I stapled but had to reinforce with battens nailed over the raw edges. But the staples held it in place enough to get everything positioned.

Rob 8)

kimT

• http://www.thepoultrygarden.com
Weldmesh Questions.
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2008, 16:55 »
My dad and me made a 6ft run for the chicks and we used weldmesh (expensive) we attached on the inside of the run with U shaped pins you just tap in................works a treat. :wink:

Lardman

Weldmesh Questions.
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 20:06 »
Thanks both...

I tried hammer fix galv wire staples. small staples, fat fingers = many rude words.

I've got a cable staple gun from a previous life, I tacked it with that but it didnt feel safe so I've ended up sandwiching the wire as per Robs suggestion.  This has doubled the amount of timber used so its off the the timber merchant again.... Im paying for his holiday this year apparently.  :oops:

The weldmesh wasnt too expensive to be honest I bought a 30m roll, I've got a fox problem so better safe than sorry.

Some of the coops that I've seen here the ones peoples have knocked together for nothing are a real eye opener.  Even with new timber and all the right tools Im finding this a real struggle.

karlooben

Weldmesh Questions.
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 21:18 »
hiya , as u may of seen on here i have just built a very large run an housing , i used weldmesh { lots of it 80 metres worth }. with the small galvanised staples, to use them its very very easy an belive me saves the fingers.

get a long nosed pair of pilers  hold the round end of the staple in the end of the pilers an place the staple were u want it an then tapp gentle on to the pilers an  BINGO   no sore fingers an the only bad  words that come out will be from when u have dropped the blinky staple from the pilers,,lmao :lol: think i have just gone though about 900 staples  :?
"Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened."

question
Weldmesh

Started by AL Hathaway on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 23, 2011, 22:26
by GrannieAnnie
wink
Weldmesh

Started by 5coles on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post March 17, 2010, 10:26
by joyfull
xx
My weldmesh came today - not sure what to cut it with?

Started by bashful_badger on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post September 18, 2009, 10:46
by 3ps
xx
Weldmesh Arrived

Started by Slatz on The Hen House

2 Replies
Last post March 28, 2008, 13:59
by compostqueen

Page created in 0.204 seconds with 28 queries.