lucky update

• 1 Replies

ceri green

• Experienced Member
lucky update
« on: August 16, 2008, 17:40 »
well, it is a week now since lucky survuved the massacre aand she seems to be still improving. She is now eating on her own (mashed spud, cat food, hardboiled egg yolk). Up until today i was giving her water with vitamins in by syringe into her beak as i hadnt seen her drinking and was worried she would get dehydrated, but shes fighting me too much now so i think i will stop and let her do it herself as i think she must have ben drinking when i wasnt looking!. Do you think thats the right thing to do as i dont want her to forever associated being handled with a struggle

She is walking although seems to get tired very easliy and then her stance kind of "sinks". also one of her legs now seems to be turned in a bit with the hock sticking out more than the other side, but doesnt seem to be hurting her - ligaments or tendons maybe?
The dog got her at the back end so she is now a baldybum, but that does make it easier for me to see the damage. There are pucture woounds, but these seem to be healing cleanly and if there was internal damage do you think there would have been signs by now?. I gave her baytril for 3 days afyer it happened, and have been bathing her whole back end at least twice a day liberally with a potash solution. On the whole she is definately getting much better every day although i will be very surprised if she makes a full recovery - but i'd like to give her the chance of a normal life even with a permanent limp. But would i be able to tell if she was unhappy or more to the point, in pain?
She is still being kept seperate as the new warrens tried picking on her, but when the weather has been ok (hahaha) i've put her in the guinea pig run inside the chhicken enclosure so that they can all still see each other but she is on her own at night.

thanks for giving me the opportunity to waffle on......... :)  :)

just found some duphacycline spray ( oxytetracycline + blue marker dye for external use only) that i use forminor cuts & scrapes on the horses.....any vets/vet nurses out there know if this would be harmful to birds? doesnt say anything on the can one way or another as its mainly used for sheep!

Kate and her Ducks

lucky update
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2008, 21:21 »
Glad Lucky is doing OK :lol:
Be like a duck. Calm on the surface but always paddling like the dickens underneath.

xx
bum feathers (see also "lucky update")

Started by ceri green on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post August 16, 2008, 19:26
by ceri green
xx
Lucky escape!

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

1 Replies
Last post April 17, 2007, 17:24
by Aunt Sally
xx
3rd time lucky - I hatched some eggs/chicks. Should I vaccinate?

Started by nuzuki on The Hen House

5 Replies
Last post May 06, 2012, 22:32
by nuzuki
sad
ILT OR MG update

Started by drumcrow on The Hen House

0 Replies
Last post September 04, 2009, 11:35
by drumcrow

Page created in 0.256 seconds with 38 queries.