Dog = run tester

• 7 Replies

Porffor

Dog = run tester
« on: June 01, 2008, 23:55 »
Yep, my norfolk terrier cross is officially our run tester...  :oops:

Went out to wash up this evening and found him IN the chicken run!
PANIC....  :shock: Till i noticed the chooks wandering around pecking as usual.. and my dog.. eating their corn on the cob!!

He'd pulled out a tent peg at the bottom of the wire...and squeezed under the wire...  :oops:

So... now it's had a 'revamp' and hopefully that'll help keep it more secure. I know it's not fox proof but that's rediculous!

kattcottrell

• Experienced Member
    • www.funkychickengifts.com
Dog = run tester
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2008, 03:24 »
wow what a clever little dog you have, perhaps you should hire him out to fox test peoples runs, you'll have to buy him his own little diary  as i'm sure he'd be very busy :lol:
Katt

Porffor

Dog = run tester
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2008, 07:58 »
Clever wasn't the word i used for him!!  :roll:  He is quite intelligent and good at solving puzzles.. especially where food is concerned... thankfully the corn was the food he had in mind! :lol:

Vember

Dog = run tester
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2008, 08:53 »
Your lucky it was the food he was after my dogs go in with the chickens for their poops :shock:  :oops:  :lol:

Porffor

Dog = run tester
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2008, 08:59 »
lol my terriers are quite disgusting.. they eat horse, guinea pig and rabbit poo  :shock: so no doubt he'd have hit the poo if he'd been in their long enough! :lol:

At least i know he's not bothered if they free-range.. just my JR terrier to worry over.. he's got the ratting instinct the other one lacks.. quite often fish him out of holes in the woods by the hind legs!  :lol:

Vember

Dog = run tester
« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2008, 09:12 »
One of my JR's got my Goose last year that was nasty :(  It was pure flook as  Sid is blind,  but he just grabbed out an bit in the right place  :shock:

Crumbs fine now but had an inch long gash in her neck!! Thought I'd loose her for sure , but to see her now you'd never know :)

hence now i tend to only let the collies in with the birds, don't risk it with the 2 JR's :D

compostqueen

Dog = run tester
« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2008, 11:29 »
Aw I love JR's.  Lost my 16 year old last year and still cant' get over it  :(

Porffor

Dog = run tester
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2008, 12:57 »
I love my JR for being a tyke, but they are much stronger terrier in their heads than some others :) I knew that before i got him. :)
he's never hurt anything or killed, but i know the instinct is there.. if he finds a badger/rabbit hole in the woods it's him that you have a problem getting away! lol

He is fine with the Guinea pigs in their run, but if you get them out in your arms to and from the hutch you need to be careful as he'll do his terrier jump (4 foot ) in the air to get to them.  :roll:

Compost queen, sorry for the loss of your JR. :( it's awful losing a dog, much more so than most animals i think ((hugs))

xx
Can anyone recommend electric fence tester?

Started by Rubellite on The Hen House

6 Replies
Last post April 29, 2009, 22:47
by Rubellite

Page created in 0.227 seconds with 36 queries.