My first show!!

• 3 Replies

Cheshire Phill

• Experienced Member
My first show!!
« on: September 13, 2010, 09:38 »

Well for a bit of fun we entered our first show this last weekend.
Fantastic fun, got a 2nd for marrow, and a third for "5 veg" and was well chuffed...

The best mileage so far has come from the fact that I'm the man who grew the marrow that beat the marrow (into 3rd place) that beat the marrow (into 3rd place) of one of the old boys on our plot, when he was at last weeks show. Huge amusement on the plot, and vows of "wait until next year"!!

Great fun getting brown envelopes with 20/30p in, course, there were some pros there, FANTASTIC veg from them, but we had so much fun.

Only downside was getting 2 "NAS" (not as scheduled) when I put some great peppers into the "fruit" classes, and apparently, they still count as a veg...hoho!!

Phill  :) :)

diggerjoe

Re: My first show!!
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2010, 09:52 »
Congrats Cheshire Phil - my first time showing at the weekend as well a 3rd for my beetroot 3rd for my squash and 1st for my flowers - more pleased with my beetroot than the flowers  :D :D :D

Spana

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2010, 10:00 »
Well done the pair of you :)

Isn't show day a good day, i love it.  I dont think it matters if you get a NAS, you've shown of your growing skills :D It will put the wind up a few people for next year :D

The jokes about my victoria sponge cakes run from year to year  :D :D :D But do i care :nowink: :D

muckyboots

• Experienced Member
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2010, 17:04 »
Well done all ,it was my first venture into the show world this year too . We (the good lady and myself)got 2nd & 3rd with toms & raspberrys,and 3rd for fruit cake.No award for the wifes chilly jam but I think It was brill.A great 3 days for our club and proceeds to the air ambulance.Roll on next year :D

xx
What should I show on?

Started by gardenreg on The Show Bench

8 Replies
Last post July 23, 2012, 19:24
by gardenreg
clip
First Show

Started by Mr Dog on The Show Bench

8 Replies
Last post October 27, 2019, 12:56
by Pauly1958
xx
First time show. help please?!

Started by Charl89 on The Show Bench

15 Replies
Last post April 24, 2012, 16:07
by carrotfaggot
xx
show veggies

Started by Mash Mad on The Show Bench

12 Replies
Last post October 25, 2010, 09:06
by Jamie Butterworth

Page created in 0.155 seconds with 36 queries.