I dont grow to show

• 1 Replies

Dopey113

I dont grow to show
« on: May 06, 2013, 14:44 »
But I do admire you guys for your tricks tips and shenanigans, it would do my head in doing the stuff you guys do.... may I ask, can you ear the stuff you grow as well??? (Stuff lol)
If Its Not Growing... Its Dead.

Totty

Re: I dont grow to show
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2013, 22:50 »
The majority of exhibition varietys taste perfectly good. For example most of the large show onions are extremely good flavour wise, but keeping quality is compromised. I grow a few tomato varietys for show. The two I have most faith in for the bench are goldstar and cedrico. Goldstar are one of the nicest mid sized tom you could ever wish to eat, the cedrico are rather plain and watery. Many many people still just grow alicante, which IMO is one of the most boring and tasteless toms you can grow, whereas a good show variety, Dometica for example, will yeild more, and taste many times better as well as being uniform enough to show.
Gladiator parsnips, Pablo beetroot, sweet candle carrots, Carmen cucumbers, kestrel potatoes, all on my list for the bench and all as good as or better to eat than most other varietys.

Totty

clip
First Show

Started by Mr Dog on The Show Bench

8 Replies
Last post October 27, 2019, 12:56
by Pauly1958
xx
My first show!!

Started by Cheshire Phill on The Show Bench

3 Replies
Last post September 15, 2010, 17:04
by muckyboots
xx
What should I show on?

Started by gardenreg on The Show Bench

8 Replies
Last post July 23, 2012, 19:24
by gardenreg
xx
Show onions

Started by Jamie Butterworth on The Show Bench

2 Replies
Last post October 03, 2010, 20:19
by Jamie Butterworth

Page created in 0.171 seconds with 36 queries.