So was Santa good to you?

• 10 Replies

snowdrops

So was Santa good to you?
« on: December 26, 2022, 12:18 »
We’re you on the good or naughty list?
I got the latest, just published & signed copy of Charles Dowding’s No Dig book, so thrilled with that, my sister made me the most beautiful smock to wear supposedly when gardening but it’s too nice to get mucky.
I also had a very informative gardening journal & a best gardener mug shaped like a plant pot with a delightful spade shaped spoon, that will be christened soon with some Christmas soup methinks. Also got a beautiful Chilly insulated cup decorated with tulips by Emma Bridgewater, a pot of ‘dwarf’ crocus & leather gardening gloves so I’m as happy as a pig in muck :)
P.s this is probably the only photo you’ll see of me :) but I love the smock so much, so sorry if I’m not what you expected:) :)
So what about you?
B9A71895-F462-41F2-8464-50E6DFD82E3A.jpeg
« Last Edit: December 26, 2022, 12:20 by snowdrops »
A woman's place is in her garden.

See my diary pages here
and add a comment here

Goosegirl

Re: So was Santa good to you?
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2022, 12:44 »
As OH and I haven't been well at all in the run up to Christmas, I bought his and mine on-line and we were both really happy with them. OH got some new jogging pants (not that he jogs!) and a new snuggly top. I got myself some new make-up and an organiser to put it in, plus a make-up mirror, a snuggly new lavender-coloured jumper and David Jason's new book "The Twelve Dels of Christmas." Oh DEEPJOY!  :)
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2022, 13:42 »
Lovely photo of you and the smock, Snowdrops  :)

I got a range of edibles from Santa, including Christmas socks that just happen to match my Mum's ...  :D

RHS gardening book from my god-daughter, and some seeds / gardening gloves from my brother.

And Hertfordshire gin  8)
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mrs bouquet

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2022, 14:12 »
Book from daughter with words to self-help me everyday !     14 tubes of handcream   :ohmy:  Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2022, 14:13 »
I thought so as well  ;)

I've only seen Stig & Katy so far (the rest are coming down from Darlington on the 29th, when I get to do Christmas all over again  :lol: :lol:)
They brought me  some of my favourite toiletries, as requested, plus a DVD of Top Gun 1 & 2. I thought part 2 was every bit as good as Pt 1, all those years ago. Not sure his face was, though, even after the plastic surgery  :closedeyes:

snowdrops

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2022, 14:24 »

Thank you kindly Yorkie,

And you too mum

I thought so as well  ;)

All sounds good for you both too

Not so sure for you Mrs Bouquet, you’re not looking too pleased about it. :(

Growster...

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2022, 17:25 »
That's a cracking picture, Snows! Wow, we have some lovely looking people to admire here!

To continue the 'theme', I received a whole box set of 'Prime Suspect' with your near lookalike as the star of course, a vegetable chopper, which is covered elsewhere here, owing to various hurts, some sweaters from Cotton Traders, and lots of different gins by our local distiller in Marden, 'Anno'!

snowdrops

« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2022, 17:30 »
Thanks Mr G, sadly I think I’ve got the look of my mother there but of course you wouldn’t know that lol.
Nice little haul there, the gins sound lovely says she as she sips a rather nice Whitley Neil one lol

Christine

« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2022, 18:47 »
Well - a packet of wall paper adhesive, 2 rolls of lining paper and a tin of magnolia paint to decorate one wall at home but the team that's going to do the work went sick as of Christmas day.

And a book of 250 curious plant words. I opened it at scarification which I knew applied to persuading the hard coats of some seeds (rose hips and haws came instantly to mind) to mimic nature and allow the seeds inside to germinate. Not dealing with moss in lawns which the daughter thought of  :) But catkins - hmm and corm? Ye corm I had forgotten about. Catkins and cones I should have fathomed out but never thought about.

So there I am learning things I didn't know I knew.

wighty

« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2022, 19:10 »
I asked Santa for a new dressing gown which he left for me.  I've never had one with a hood before and I feel like a boxer in it.  It is nice though.  Mainly it was edible items, chocs (which I'll eat sparingly) and some pate and chutney, as it has a two year BB date I'll put it in the cupboard as we have some fresh that needs eating now.

jezza

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2022, 20:23 »
Got pop up Christmas tree out on Wednesdsu found a gift voucher in the box I had got for some one last year and didnt give them it , thought they had found it when they started clearing house before mum died,went to local garden centre and bought my self a new pruning saw   jezza

xx
Have you been especially good for Santa?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

7 Replies
Last post January 02, 2018, 14:57
by Goosegirl
xx
Santa baby ...

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

10 Replies
Last post December 31, 2019, 22:44
by erikaz1
xx
What did Santa bring you then?

Started by Goosegirl on Chatting on the Plot

8 Replies
Last post December 28, 2023, 15:07
by mrs bouquet
xx
Santa's gardening gifts

Started by New shoot on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post December 29, 2017, 11:36
by Christine

Page created in 0.14 seconds with 51 queries.