It used to be so peaceful

• 5 Replies

mrs bouquet

It used to be so peaceful
« on: April 25, 2020, 12:22 »
But it is not now.    New neighbour, using saw to cut bits of wood for shuttering for a new and bigger shed !
Then it will be something noisy on the grass.    Other side,   noisy things on grass, jet washing patio, using a stone cutting thing.    Why do hearing aids, pick up these noises so much, whilst not conversation ?    :mad:
Oh for some peace    :D   Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

JayG

• Global Moderator
Re: It used to be so peaceful
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2020, 12:43 »
Quite quiet so far today, but recently I've had to put up with two nearby, and simultaneous, petrol-driven garden strimmers, plus the two little girls two doors up who repeatedly emit high pitched screams when excited (or just because they can!)
Unfortunately, they recently seem to have introduced the little girl next door to the joys of screaming too.  :wacko:

On bad days I have been known to garden wearing a pair of ear defenders to enjoy some relative peace, even though they're a bit uncomfortable on a hot day!  :lol:
Sow your seeds, plant your plants. What's the difference? A couple of weeks or more when answering possible queries!

One of the best things about being an orang-utan is the fact that you don't lose your good looks as you get older

jezza

« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 21:07 »
Hello if your getting a lot of noise on weekends have a word with your local authority noise abatement officer  there are noise limits and some areas have time restrictions, I only mow on a Saturday between 9 and 4 and 10am and 4pm on a Sunday only if I have to and never on a bank holiday Monday  jezza

Blackpool rocket

« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 22:22 »
I only mow on a Saturday between 9 and 4 and

A 9 o'clock start from the noise makers round here will have you put in the stocks.  :lol: :lol:

mrs bouquet

« Reply #4 on: April 25, 2020, 22:50 »
The new neighbours are getting the place into order.   I have been living here for the last 2yrs and 3 months
with nobody in there so I guess I must be tolerant.    Other side, neighbours are normally very busy out-to-work people.  Just home from work and do the bare essentials.    So really it is good that they are all bringing their properties up to scratch.    But the last couple of days, I have had stereo noise.     I must be more tolerant.    !!!!  :D :D  I would never think of saying anything to them, because they are all my neighbours and nice people.      Just wait until I get my Harley going    :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:  Mrs Bouquet

WeavingGryphon

« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 14:46 »
Trashy music so loud I can't hear my own radio or hear the kids speak, they have to shout. One had the same country and western song howling for over an hour.

xx
What a peaceful day !

Started by mrs bouquet on Chatting on the Plot

9 Replies
Last post September 28, 2018, 23:31
by Elaine G

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 45 queries.