Damn those Crows....

• 2 Replies

Piglit's Pullets

• www.pamperedchef.com
Damn those Crows....
« on: June 24, 2008, 12:31 »
Afternoon all,   just wondering if anyone can help me out with how to get rid of or deter the many crows that we have been stealing food from the chicken run and tormenting my ladies... not to mention the backside debris that 15-20 crows can leave behind - and on my newly painted fence!!  Gertrude has given the odd one a firm pecking but all these big monsters are rapidly out numbering the Chicks.  We are in a village location though still in open countryside.  A neighbour 'got' a dead crow to hang up but that only stopped their food stealers for 3 days.  What to do??  Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

PS will a Stoat go after chickens or just the eggs?, as we have a resident furry in our neighbourhood.... we are very happy with the effect on the normally immense population of rabbits  :D
" Staying In is the new going out " You are only steps away from hosting your very own Pampered Chef party with moi... go on, see what all the buzz is about!

muntjac

Damn those Crows....
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2008, 13:05 »
care crow with a brush handle shjoved in its arms .. old cds keep the dead crowq but put it belly up on the ground :wink:
still alive /............

Piglit's Pullets

• www.pamperedchef.com
Damn those Crows....
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 13:18 »
Thanks... will think about the ' Boogey Man' idea.  Just hope it doesn't scare my nervous little Gwenie to death.  Gwen the Hen is our best layer but a recluse since the last time she was caught to be clipped :shock:  serious trauma.  Funny you said that cause I keep meaning to hang some CDs in the apple tree for them.  Cheers

xx
Crows eating feed

Started by Helenaj on The Hen House

4 Replies
Last post August 18, 2011, 11:24
by Springlands
xx
crows attacking chickens.

Started by themagicaltoad1 on The Hen House

23 Replies
Last post June 15, 2009, 18:01
by Ice
xx
Colin crows his last tomorrow

Started by Oliveview on The Hen House

10 Replies
Last post April 28, 2008, 22:50
by Oliveview
xx
Stopping CROWS eating pellets!!!!!!

Started by jonesblack on The Hen House

14 Replies
Last post July 13, 2010, 17:13
by carolbriar

Page created in 0.2 seconds with 38 queries.