selling chicken house?

• 9 Replies

ChristyRose

• Experienced Member
selling chicken house?
« on: November 01, 2011, 15:33 »
I dont know if this is the right place to ask this but I am thinking of selling my flyte so fancy chicken house.  It takes up to 24 chickens and is too big for my needs now and I want to downsize.  It is only 2 years old and very solid.  I payed £585.  How much could I expect to get for it now?

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
Re: selling chicken house?
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2011, 15:40 »
You're obviously not trying to sell it through this thread are you, as buying and selling are strictly not allowed on the forums. You could try advertising it in the classified ads here:

http://ads.allotment-garden.org/

To get an idea of the price you should be asking or would hope to attain, you could look at what's happening on eBay, including completed listings.

:)
"They say a snow year's a good year" -- Rutherford.

ChristyRose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2011, 15:43 »
No no no I am definately not trying to sell it on here.  I was only after some advice.  I am trying to work out how much I could afford to spend on a smaller one so I need to know how much I could get for this one.  I just wondered if anyone had sold one similar and how much they got for it. 
I dont even know if people would buy a second hand chicken house.  I am just after some advice.

ANHBUC

• "You looking at me?!!!"
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2011, 16:13 »
The last one I saw on Ebay had a run attached and sold for about 70 % of its original price.  It was less than 4 months old.  Check how much your model is being sold for now as it might have gone up.  Hope this helps.   :)
Ain't Nobody Here But Us Chickens!
Bagpuss RIP 1992 - June 2012, 1 huge grass carp (RIP "Jaws" July 2001 - December 2011), 4 golden orfe, 1 goldfish and 1 fantail fish (also huge)! plus 4 Italian quail, 1 Japanese quail, 1 Rosetta quail.

asd1

• Experienced Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2011, 16:20 »
people will buy a second hand one!!! i would like to share my story. my OH got me a new coop for Christmas last year anyway long story short due to stock problems we ended up getting one at less than half price about £110 ....turns out it was a cheep pile of pooooooh! ramp broke and so did lock so after 6 months use i put it on a "make me an offer ad" on facebook got £100 for it and could of got more as after we had sold it people  were still e-mailing me offers. put a few free adds up you never know

ChristyRose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2011, 16:41 »
Thanks for the advice.  I was unsure if anyone would want a second hand one but it is sturdy and very well made.  I think they are selling for over £649 so if I can work on  70% it gives me a good idea what I can do.  Thank you.

arugula

• Winner - prettiest sunflower 2011
  • hic svnt leones
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2011, 16:50 »
No no no I am definately not trying to sell it on here. 

I didn't think you were ;), it was only a general reminder. Good news on the sort of amount you might hope to get for it too. :)

ChristyRose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #7 on: November 01, 2011, 17:34 »
I dont know if I can sell it yet as I have 13 chickens and the next size down is 10 - 12 and I think that might be abit tight for the girls.  I'm sure they appreciate having lots of room!!    :) 

Lindeggs

• A little Kiwi
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2011, 20:21 »
Take those size estimates with a grain of salt.  If the ads say it will house 10 - 12 chickens, then bank on it housing 6 - 8.  So far every ad I've seen exaggerates the number of chickens you could (safely and comfortably) house in them.

ChristyRose

• Experienced Member
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2011, 17:03 »
Yes Lindeggs, I have found that to be sooooo true.  I was looking at one and it had 3 perches and each one is 61cm long.  So I thought 2-3 birds per perch?  Thats 9 at the very most and they were advertising 10-12.  I suppose if they were bantams maybe? I have 3 orpingtons as well as other smaller birds but not that small.  So I think I'll stick with mine for a bit.    :)

xx
chicken house fumer

Started by troy on Chicken Chat

4 Replies
Last post July 23, 2011, 12:22
by Helenaj
xx
Anyone have a Tibetan sky chicken house?

Started by dancing trousers on Chicken Chat

3 Replies
Last post March 29, 2012, 12:55
by joyfull
xx
revamping my shed to chicken house

Started by peggygate on Chicken Chat

2 Replies
Last post June 06, 2010, 23:00
by agingchick
xx
Used Egg Boxes when Selling Eggs

Started by Prod on Chicken Chat

8 Replies
Last post February 23, 2013, 12:32
by nuzuki

Page created in 0.145 seconds with 39 queries.