pumpkin competition 2010

• 623 Replies

GD_101

Re: pumpkin competition
« Reply #360 on: August 07, 2010, 11:18 »
Hey there guys, is it too late to join in?  ::)

I've got a atlantic giant in a large growbag and is pretty small yet, experimenting to see how big it can get and growing in a grow bag becuase I haven't much ground soil!

Y.E.A.H

• I love growing unusual vegetables!
« Reply #361 on: August 07, 2010, 12:10 »
i've added you to the list  :)

1st time veg grower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #362 on: August 07, 2010, 15:31 »
I have a couple growing - one larger one but don't think they will beat anyone's as they are only 'halloween' pumpkins and not a mammoth variety!

A bicycle pump might be the answer  ;)

:lol:

Fivedoughnut

« Reply #363 on: August 08, 2010, 09:24 »
Giant Atlantic jobs, huh ..... reminds me of a crazy eco-terrorism idea I had a few years back, whereby I'd jaunt out on midnight crusades (in ninja-esque attire), with a sack of giant pumpkin seeds - and like, target key buildings with immense numbers of these babies ..... Imagine the chaos and horror this would cause when they sprouted.  :wacko:

Starling

• Experienced Member
« Reply #364 on: August 08, 2010, 12:50 »
Giant Atlantic jobs, huh ..... reminds me of a crazy eco-terrorism idea I had a few years back, whereby I'd jaunt out on midnight crusades (in ninja-esque attire), with a sack of giant pumpkin seeds - and like, target key buildings with immense numbers of these babies ..... Imagine the chaos and horror this would cause when they sprouted.  :wacko:

:lol: :lol: :lol:  Think I may actually  try this

philskin

« Reply #365 on: August 08, 2010, 20:45 »
one positive thing has come to life so far ,the local vicar called at the house on friday looking to see what I was entering in the the show because he is interested in veg and gardening , well we went for a wander around the garden and he liked what he saw and spotted the pumpkin well he was very impressed and I told him about the competition on here ,and I  jokingly said could we use it to raise money for the church he asked when it would be fully grown and I admitted that I didn't have a clue . We talked and came to a decision that on halloween we would weigh it at the village party and people could guess the weight at 50p a time, money will be donated to good cause
If the early bird gets the worm how come the 2nd mouse to the trap gets the cheese ??

Paul Plots

« Reply #366 on: August 09, 2010, 01:39 »
one positive thing has come to life so far ,the local vicar called at the house on friday looking to see what I was entering in the the show because he is interested in veg and gardening , well we went for a wander around the garden and he liked what he saw and spotted the pumpkin well he was very impressed and I told him about the competition on here ,and I  jokingly said could we use it to raise money for the church he asked when it would be fully grown and I admitted that I didn't have a clue . We talked and came to a decision that on halloween we would weigh it at the village party and people could guess the weight at 50p a time, money will be donated to good cause

That sounds great - what a smashing idea!  ;)

You could also point the gardeners and chicken keepers in the direction of the AVG web-site  :)
Never keep your wish-bone where your back-bone ought to be.

Junie

« Reply #367 on: August 09, 2010, 08:13 »
Hi, Could you add me too please, I have 4 plants none with fruits as yet, I was a little late this year  but Autumn comes later here anyway :-)  Is there a 'closing date'?

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #368 on: August 09, 2010, 08:20 »
At the moment the closing date is Septober. :D  It might be a good idea to set a date though.  Blackcap1000 is organising things so wait until we get a reply from him. :)
Cheese makes everything better.

JaK

• Happy half plot.
« Reply #369 on: August 09, 2010, 09:03 »
Please put me on the list too. I have two plants but no idea on the type as they were free seeds in a plain white pack stating "pumpkin" on it. lol.

PennyS

• My website
« Reply #370 on: August 09, 2010, 11:00 »
Are we having a "smallest pumpkin" competition too?  I now have 3 and the biggest is all of 4 inches across.... they are being dwarfed by my Crown Prince squash. :happy:

Lotty holder since Aug 09... I've FINALLY finished clearing it! On with the p.lanting  ....

Y.E.A.H

• I love growing unusual vegetables!
« Reply #371 on: August 09, 2010, 11:07 »
Hi, Could you add me too please,

Please put me on the list too.

i've added you both to the list  :)

September ?  :ohmy: that's way to soon ice  :( OK the closing date is Halloween, that's the 31st of October for anyone who doesn't know  :)

i'll put it on the front page  :blush:

Paul Plots

« Reply #372 on: August 09, 2010, 15:01 »
Are we having a "smallest pumpkin" competition too?  I now have 3 and the biggest is all of 4 inches across.... they are being dwarfed by my Crown Prince squash. :happy:

An interesting idea that.... I'll pop over the sunflower growing competition and have a go at suggesting the shortest... I might be in with a chance  ;)

Pompey Spud

« Reply #373 on: August 09, 2010, 15:52 »
Recent pic of mine.

Keep growing son.
Pumpkin on 8th aug.jpg
Top tip for camping....don't go.

Ice

• muck spreader
« Reply #374 on: August 09, 2010, 17:16 »
Ahem, I said septober. :closedeyes: ::)

xx
Pumpkin Competition 2012

Started by mumofstig on Competitions

218 Replies
Last post November 02, 2012, 21:51
by snowdrops
xx
Pumpkin contest 2011

Started by Y.E.A.H on Competitions

254 Replies
Last post November 11, 2011, 23:22
by teasmade!
xx
Ideas For Competition

Started by John on Competitions

342 Replies
Last post December 18, 2022, 12:43
by Kleftiwallah
smiley
Competition #17 - Weather

Started by John on Competitions

30 Replies
Last post May 13, 2011, 23:06
by pigeonpie

Page created in 0.12 seconds with 40 queries.