Diets !!

• 7 Replies

mrs bouquet

Diets !!
« on: February 01, 2023, 14:02 »
I like the one I was on yesterday.  Out and about, I was near a truly wonderful bakers.  There is only the one shop and he bakes at the back.      I went in to see if they had a proper London Cheese Cake.  They didn't but took my details and this wife said she would ring next time he is doing them.   Meanwhile, I spotted Coconut
Pyramids, so I bought one.  The smell of the hot pasties was so scrummy, I had to buy one of those as well.
sat and ate it in my car, and it was the most delicious pasty I have ever had (even better than when I was in Cornwall on hols).   I left there and had to stop at the chippy, because I owed him some money.  He put a few chips on a tray and gave them to me,  they were steaming hot, so I had to eat them !!
When I got home I made a cuppa and , of course, ate the coconut pyramid.  It was heaven in coconut, and I found the base was chocolate.

About 7pm I was a bit peckish, so I ate a whole scotch egg   :ohmy: :ohmy:

This morning I weighed myself, which I do every morning, and I was lighter than the day before.   :lol: :lol:
Hurrah, Hurrah.       What a wonderful diet, I think I shall stick with this .
Whats your best diet.      Mrs Bouquet
Birds in cages do not sing  -  They are crying.

Christine

Re: Diets !!
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2023, 16:38 »
I have a bad "see food and eat it" diet!

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2023, 16:50 »
I'm trying to get back into low-carb eating again... I think it is still a bit too cold not to have the extra fuel, at the moment.
It has worked very well, for me, for the last few years to get rid of the winter waistline baggage  :lol:

GraciesGran

« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2023, 17:39 »
I try not to eat between meals.  We've done 'Dry January', no alcohol meant I didn't want chocolate and I've lost half a stone.

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2023, 22:07 »
What an excellent diet today, Mrs B  :D

I'm trying the Michael Mosley Fast 800 plan for a few weeks. Have got the recipe book and thought it was worth a try, as it's medically underpinned. The meals are really tasty and I don't really feel hungry. Just into week 2 so far.

It's been interesting to spot the 'snacking' habits I'd got into over the last many months, when bored or without a routine.
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

mumofstig

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 09:00 »
I'm trying the Michael Mosley Fast 800 plan for a few weeks.
That was what 'bounced' me into low-carbing and thoroughly recommend it. Once in the right frame of mind my weight just falls off, without feeling hungry at all.

Goosegirl

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 09:32 »
My OH is going to try that diet as he is mainly sat down all day and doesn't want to put on weight.
I work very hard so don't expect me to think as well.

Subversive_plot

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2023, 14:07 »
Mrs. Subversive is trying to keep her A1c on the right side of no-mans land, so I'm along for the ride.

I'm also trying to eat less stupid stuff (like crisps) and asked for no birthday cake the last time around, so there would be no temptation.  Better to save the "added sugar" transgressions for something worthwhile, like strawberry rhubarb pie!  My rhubarb that survived last summer now has golfball-sized leafy shoots on the top, waiting for an excuse to sprout.

Trying to walk an average of 10,000 steps a day hasn't hurt either. I've really only lost a couple pounds a month though.
"Somewhere between right and wrong, there is a garden. I will meet you there."~ Rumi

Page created in 0.124 seconds with 40 queries.