Fishing Season 2020

• 24 Replies

Aled

Fishing Season 2020
« on: June 03, 2020, 16:18 »
Hello All
Here in Wales we are allowed to go fishing provided we fish locally, (deemed as 5 miles or less or the closest suitable venue). I went out last Saturday, saw 1 sea trout jump, but caught none. Anybody else been able to get out?
Cheers
Aled

Aidy

• Location: Born n bred Lancastrian living in tropical Blackpool
    • Aidy Neal Photography
Re: Fishing Season 2020
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2020, 21:42 »
Not as yet, places are open, pre-booking only. I am at the mo happy to wait, let the trout get fatter ;)
Punk isn't dead...it's underground where it belongs. If it comes to the surface it's no longer punk...it's Green Day!

MarkC

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 13:51 »
Have made it out down the river in late evening for trout. Very challenging in low water and warm temperatures, but have managed two or three nice brownies up to about a pound on small dry flies.

Had an amazing experience on Monday evening when I was fishing about 9pm. Saw a duck with a couple of largeish ducklings further up the pool, then they came charging down towards and past me, clearly spooked by something....being chased by two otters which also noised up a salmon of about 9-10lb which came out the water about 5 yards in front of me. The otters didn't see me until they were almost on me, and one did a swift about turn a couple of yards away. Never seen anything like it. Surprised also to see a salmon as I didn't think we'd had enough water for it to get up. There was a very small spate about 3 weeks ago, and it must have made it up on that.

Funnily enough the trout fishing went right off after that lot!

Green Thumb

• Domestic energy comparison
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2020, 20:19 »
It has been a strange year, for obvious reasons. In February i made the decision not to renew my carp syndicate due to a number of reasons and decided to go back to match fishing for the year - in hindsight i am glad, the best time on my syndicate is late march to early june, so would have missed that anyway.

However the matches didn't start well once we were allowed to fish them - had a poor result in the first one, dead last in the next two, but it was nice just to get out fishing again. Made up for it this weekend though with a match on Saturday and Sunday, coming 2nd and 1st respectively. Had 38lb 6oz of skimmers and carp on the Sat, and 55lb 6oz of the same on the Sunday from one venue i had never seen before, and the other it has been a few years since i fished there.

I also had a nice day on the river pleasure fishing on the 16th, managing to catch around 35 - 40lb of bream, roach and perch, plus a big eel around 2lb

Aled

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2020, 11:50 »
Been out a few times, caught no sea trout but I've seen a few. Best pal has had 2, both returned. Hope to take my children this weekend.
Tight Lines
Aled

MarkC

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2020, 12:33 »
Plenty of water up here now! Too much maybe.....

It's been an encouraging start for some of the west coast rivers. One that I fish (strictly speaking a tributary of a south coast one) has had about a dozen salmon in the last week, and my other one, a bit nearer, had 4 fish last week to only 2 rods fishing. Some nice double figure fish too. I've been restricted by car issues, but that will be resolved tomorrow, so will be back out again! It's blooming freezing today for July though, more like October or November....

Aled

« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2020, 11:10 »
Quite a few salmon turning up here in Wales as well, although I haven't had one...yet! Plan to make some time to go out this week.
Tight Lines
Aled

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2020, 15:47 »
So, due to the ongoing issues with invisible germs I have kept the rods packed up.  :(

However... I am planning a trip to theee..... Darkside  :blush:

Yep, where we keep our caravan locked up and have it put on the pitch onsite they have two carp ponds, my mate phoned (also has a van on site) to say he has bought a year ticket for when the woman either drink to much or go shopping etc, so I bought one too. Dug all my old specimen eel gear out, cleaned up, bought some new line and next week as we are at the van for a good few days will give the carp bashing a go.

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2020, 18:33 »
Lovely stuff Aidy.  Worzel caught a crucian carp on a cockle this week.  You have to laugh  :lol: :lol: :lol:

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2020, 19:57 »
Lovely stuff Aidy.  Worzel caught a crucian carp on a cockle this week.  You have to laugh  :lol: :lol: :lol:
A cockle??? Weird fish them carp!

Aunt Sally

• Administrator
  • Everyone's Aunty
« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2020, 21:09 »
Yep, my idea.  We had some left over in the fridge so I suggested he try them.  My son got some perch on a cockle too.   :wacko:

8doubles

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2020, 22:00 »
Yep, my idea.  We had some left over in the fridge so I suggested he try them.  My son got some perch on a cockle too.   :wacko:
Crucians are one of my childhood favourites , expect they eat more shellfish (pond snails and mussels) than we know !
My best bag of canal fish (Bream Carp,Tench and Roach) i caught on an out of date catering tin of baked beans with the sauce washed off ! :)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #12 on: August 02, 2020, 09:44 »
So, due to the ongoing issues with invisible germs I have kept the rods packed up.  :(

Have a lovely time  :D
I try to take one day at a time, but sometimes several days all attack me at once...

Aidy

• Aidy Neal Photography
« Reply #13 on: August 03, 2020, 17:42 »

Have a lovely time  :D
:lol: :lol: Should of said the other Dark Side (Carp fishing not counties)

Yorkie

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: August 03, 2020, 21:27 »
 :lol:

xx
Fishing Season 2020/2021

Started by Welsh Merf on Chatting on the Plot

3 Replies
Last post May 01, 2020, 11:28
by Aunt Sally
xx
Fishing Season 2019/2020

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

43 Replies
Last post April 16, 2020, 12:50
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2018

Started by Aidy on Chatting on the Plot

69 Replies
Last post December 07, 2018, 15:12
by Aled
xx
Fishing Season 2023

Started by Aled on Chatting on the Plot

20 Replies
Last post October 19, 2023, 10:20
by Aled

Page created in 0.151 seconds with 51 queries.