wolsely webb 3hp wizard cultivator info

• 4 Replies

nicholas rees

wolsely webb 3hp wizard cultivator info
« on: July 06, 2009, 19:20 »
i have just been given a wolsely webb 3hp wizard cultivator with a briggs stratton engine. im told could be circa 70,s to early 80,s.
it has a front jockey wheel and mower type bars. this is all i know about it, so any info would be appreciated. eg is it  2 or 4 stroke , user info , service info , operating instructions anything generic to the range even.

many thanks

Bigbadfrankie

Re: wolsely webb 3hp wizard cultivator info
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2009, 19:48 »
Another free wizard wow . Its a four stroke. Good little machine. Have a look at Philskins posts and turn green with envy
always have a target
and an objective.

dorimower

• Experienced Member
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 20:17 »
..but read the belt guide bracket bit of Phils battles very carefully..;)

Meanwhile,...if you can find the engine numbers stamped into the tinwork you should be able to download an engine operating manual and engine parts list from; http://www2.briggsandstratton.com/maint_repair/manual_and_more/
 Look for the numbers on the flat vertical starter cowling tinwork that faces the carb/air filter

The 3rd set, Code, will give a clue to age..of engine at least....reading Year, Month, Day, Factory.

Also worth a read is Richards website www.merrytiller.co.uk  He is amassing info in support of things Merry Tiller

The Wizard 3hp shared a chassis with early Merry Tiller Cadet.  The Cadet later gained very useful folding handles and this chassis then went on to be used as the Qualcast Cultimatic B66 but then with home produced A114 engine.

All the best,
           "Dori"
« Last Edit: July 06, 2009, 20:32 by dorimower »

philskin

« Reply #3 on: July 06, 2009, 21:01 »
hi nicholas well done and welcome to the wizard club ,these are cracking little machines i just restored mine and love it although i own a new machine as well ,any questions and there are people on here who are red hot ,the machine was made by wolseley in electric avenue  birmingham originally with a white engine and guarde with green chassis ( irish post office green ) made between the early 60s and mid 70s .see my posts for more info cheers and well done  phil

ps dont forget to post photos we all love piccies
If the early bird gets the worm how come the 2nd mouse to the trap gets the cheese ??

nicholas rees

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 16:08 »

thanks all for replies,
im going to clean it up a bit and find the serial no and look up posts as suggested.
my motorbike building neighbour has suggested he "tricks it up a bit" and i caught him admiring it,  so i will keep my eye on it in case it goes in to his workshop one day.

nick

xx
Wolsely Webb rotavator

Started by jezza on Equipment Shed

0 Replies
Last post June 24, 2016, 23:41
by jezza
xx
Rotorvator problems!! Wolseley Webb Wizard

Started by cheeezzy24 on Equipment Shed

4 Replies
Last post April 10, 2011, 07:55
by R Tallentire
xx
Wizard cultivator

Started by trevor 1m on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post November 02, 2011, 07:33
by trevor 1m
xx
Can you help me with a wizard cultivator

Started by shrimp on Equipment Shed

2 Replies
Last post June 02, 2015, 19:34
by grendel

Page created in 0.144 seconds with 39 queries.