BARF

• 19 Replies

The Jones s

Re: BARF
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2010, 21:40 »
A lot of dogs hoover up rabbit droppings and are partial to a nice fresh cow pat , they will also tuck into fruit without any encouragement and rats and other small mammals get chewed and swallowed with no pieces rejected. Wolves may not eat the bulk of the larger prey stomach contents but they must consume some if they eat the stomach lining.

Agreed and Bo does have fruit and veg sometimes as a treat although I tend to not give her sprouts which she loves for obvious reasons  :blink:

Bo's poos are really small and to be honest I feed her according to the texture of her poos.  I feed her bone when they become loose.  It still amazes me to see what my mums dog produces on walks cause I'm used to Bo's now  ??? :D  Nice to see her using almost everything she is eating.
People who say it can't be done, should not interrupt those doing it.

Spana

« Reply #16 on: November 17, 2010, 21:52 »
  Nice to see her using almost everything she is eating.

I hadn't thought of it like that 8)

rachelr

« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2010, 11:29 »
also their poo is now recyclable and will slowly disharge its goodnes into the soil not just be a smelly mess on your shoes if youforget to clean it up.

nickmcmechan

« Reply #18 on: November 21, 2010, 15:50 »
I do Working Trials and some of the trialists I speak to have tried it. Seems like long term it can zap the dog's drive - not enough veriety in the diet. Best to feed a good qulaity dried food as a staple (I use Arden Grange) and then add a bit of variety once or twice a week like BARF

BIG ZOOK

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2010, 17:09 »
My greyhound,had since a pup :Dwill not eat any raw meat :mad:he gets tuna with biscuits in the morning and biscuits and one of the following 4 tea, cooked rabbit,duck,partridge,pheasant,poultry,pigeon,tripe,beef mince  :mad:.This cooked food keeps all his stools consistant and he is as fit as a fiddle 28" high and 32kg.I have in the past fed all my household waste food to the dogs ,with no ill effects,but with Barney ,the slightest wiff of our food and he`s got the trots.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 17:10 by BIG ZOOK »

Page created in 0.135 seconds with 35 queries.